FREE HAVE HEART 7 INCH

Bait-and-switch is a form of fraud, most commonly used in retail sales but also applicable to other contexts. First, customers are "baited" by advertising for a product or service at a low price; second, the customers discover that the advertised good is not available and are "switched" to a costlier product.

The goal of the bait-and-switch is to persuade buyers to purchase the substitute goods as a means of avoiding disappointment over not getting the bait, or as a way to recover sunk costs expended to try to obtain the bait. It suggests that the seller will not show the original product or service advertised but instead will demonstrate a more expensive product or a similar product with a higher margin.

How is that relevant? What did you buy that you didn't receive? not trying to be a jerk about it but a few people are trying to make this into something that it isn't.

Aside from that guy I don't think any one is claiming this was anything other than misleading...

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':xi08jhzy]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':xi08jhzy]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

I would never have ordered anything from B9 if it weren't for that "7 inch" plus that was the only way to get it. When you say "7 inch" on a record forum, am I supposed to think it's something else besides a 7 inch record? Regardless, I'm never buying another record from Bridge Nine. Joking with people's money isn't really that funny. Hellooooo online distro.

a few refunds doesn't fix all of them my man.

How is B9 supposed to know whether there was an error or not? I noticed the price jumped up when I went to the next page, so I went back again. The price jumped up again, so I left a note in the comments asking for Media Mail shipping. If a bunch of morons didn't do the same I don't feel sorry for them. I placed my order at 7:06 AM & I had my refund at 7:54. The LP I ordered was shipped by the next morning. Great service :)

a few refunds doesn't fix all of them my man.

How is B9 supposed to know whether there was an error or not? I noticed the price jumped up when I went to the next page, so I went back again. The price jumped up again, so I left a note in the comments asking for Media Mail shipping. If a bunch of morons didn't do the same I don't feel sorry for them. I placed my order at 7:06 AM & I had my refund at 7:54. The LP I ordered was shipped by the next morning. Great service :)

Man, at least read the thread if you want to be difficult. There are people that emailed and didn't get answers.

Me? I don't care about this on my end, I got a record I planned to order any way. I think it was shabby practice and feel bad for those swept up in placing an order they otherwise wouldn't have.

Have you looked at the B9 site? Oddly, the search results refer to things as 7"s. Not 7" Records. This was not some crazy leap for folks to take unless B9 is nothing more than a ruler shop now.

Don't be mad little girl. You will one day complete your sweet have heart collection.

Ha ha. You got called on your whining over your karma points. At least have the nuts to accept it.

Called? I openly admitted to laughing at a person who was so butthurt they smited me. You obviously didnt do well at reading comprehension in school, did you?

And to whomever Smote me, you're a crybaby!

See, the internet can leave a lot open to interpretation but there is no indication of humor or laughter. In fact, my attention is drawn directly to your exclamation point. You are horrified and hurt over this smiting. You felt a need to shout, not laugh. I'm sorry you are hurt by this action, it wasn't me. In the same way I feel bad for those feeling ripped off, I feel for your pain as well. People can be cruel and I hope I didn't add to your pain in my interaction with you.

As an overseas buyer, I'm not as much bummed (the ruler look nice) as I am annoyed that they tricked people who wanted a have heart 7" into placing orders they normally wouldn't have.

To take myself as an example; I bought Prying Eyes for $12 and paid $14.75 in shipping = $26.75 for a record my local shop has for $14.

I wasn't gonna flip it and I wasn't going to order the LP if it weren't for the free VINYL 7". Shady business and I hope B9 sits back and thinks "wow, this shit backfired a bit", but they probably won't.

Holy fuck everyone is complaining. Hope I get a blue one. I was gonna order the record I ordered anyway and it was a hh record too. B9 is and will always be one of the best labels. You guys are dumb for complaining. For those of you stating you won't buy from b9 anymore, don't. Your business will not be missed. They will still make money without you. You're all pissed because you can't flip it and make a shit ton. I admit I thought it was a record to but when I found out it was a ruler I laughed and so did my wife. I'm still laughing....at all of you.

As an overseas buyer, I'm not as much bummed (the ruler look nice) as I am annoyed that they tricked people who wanted a have heart 7" into placing orders they normally wouldn't have.

To take myself as an example; I bought Prying Eyes for $12 and paid $14.75 in shipping = $26.75 for a record my local shop has for $14.

I wasn't gonna flip it and I wasn't going to order the LP if it weren't for the free VINYL 7". Shady business and I hope B9 sits back and thinks "wow, this shit backfired a bit", but they probably won't.

They never said free 7" record. They said free 7".

Not that anything I have to say hasn't already been said, but I'll give my thoughts

Working a really shitty job, making even shittier pay, trying to save for a move to Boston, MA this summer. Keep the records I buy, and other personal spending money to an absolute minimum. Cracked an ordered some records I didn't really need/want because I really wanted this "7 inch." Not in tears about it, but also not that amused. Seems a little shady from such an established and what I thought to be trust worthy label.

2 Points:

- If you're arguing that assuming we're talking about a record when someone says "7 inch" on a vinyl forum...you're an idiot

- Will probably hold off on that Dave Hause "7 inch" when B9 posts it and hope that Hot Topic or some other distro gets a few.

For those people who do not understand why we are bummed, I would like to once again reiterate that it is because we would not have placed the order if it weren't for the fact we thought we would have got an exclusive 7" record.

Personally, I'm way pissed because I paid 20+ USD in shipping for 2 records. I wouldn't have placed this order anyway.

Posting a photo of a 7" record jacket on a record forum and then not even feeling guilty/remorseful after seeing the complaints on here?

I really thought this was a cool and respectable label but after messing around with their customers like this, never gonna order from them again, unless they somehow compensate me in some way.

I dunno, that whole '7" not 7" record' argument doesn't really hold up. it's only natural people expected a record when it's being offered by a record label. plus Scott had posted up a track list on the first page of this thread, so i'm pretty sure no one expected it to be anything but a record.

i'm 19 and broke, so I don't like spending money on shipping that I could spend on more records, especially one I coulda picked up locally. I mean, at the end of the day I know it's just a joke, I just wished the minimum had been 5 bucks or mystery boxes would've been eligible, I bet a lot of people would feel less burned by that. also, this should've been posted on April Fool's!

I don't think anyone in this thread sounds particularly entitled, but the people coming in here defending Bridge9 come off as really immature. not everyone is in it to flip, and insulting VC users on other sites for voicing their opinions (I see you ajxd!) seems like baby behavior. it's really embarrassing to watch. not every joke is funny to everyone.

This is understandable.