PO: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

tempting. i'd like to hear this one first though, seeing him in May too and the show just got moved to a different venue.

I saw him at ozzfest a long time ago during the golden age of grotesque shows and the whole stage set up and costumes and everything were awesome. Then I saw him at the grove of Anaheim last year... Not so great. He sounded good but it was kinda boring to watch. He got kinda chubby and didn't really move around a lot. Hopefully this tour will be better.

the fuck?

I'm thinking I'm getting this whether its good or not. The more I hear "No Reflection" the more I like it. I like MM when they sound more like a band playing live than when they're overproduced. ACSS had a pretty good blend of both sounds. "No Reflection" has a little bit of a live feel.

Haven't heard the new track yet and haven't really listened to anything since Mechanical Animals, which I hates passionately at the time. But I will say that the 1996 Anitchrist show I was at was without a doubt the best arena-level shows I've ever been to. Better than NIN/Bowie which I saw the year previous.

Still holding out hope for a source-mastered Spooky Kids rarities disc... my old cassette boot rips are pretty unlistenable, but some of those tracks are rock solid jams.

But I will say that the 1996 Anitchrist show I was at was without a doubt the best arena-level shows I've ever been to.

Saw him twice: a 1500 pax club show around the release of Antichrist Superstar, and a slightly larger theater show on the Holy Wood tour. Both were among the best live shows I've seen. Dude absolutely knows how to work a room.

yeah, i didn't want to pay $18.50 to see Marilyn Manson at First Ave in 1996. but i'll pay $30, 40, 50, 60 now to see him? makes a ton of sense. i was broke and 17 and just quit my shitty job at Taco Bell. i also missed Korn at First Ave for $10. Stabbing Westward/Drill for around the same. FML.

Still holding out hope for a source-mastered Spooky Kids rarities disc... my old cassette boot rips are pretty unlistenable, but some of those tracks are rock solid jams.

uhh, you know this exists right? http://www.discogs.com/Spooky-Kids-The-Lunch-Boxes-Choklit-Cows/release/1267856

i'd like more of the demos to be released, but this is legit. Daisy Berkowitz lawyered up to get the rights back to the demos and released them under The Spooky Kids, since he couldn't use the name "Marilyn Manson".

yeah, i didn't want to pay $18.50 to see Marilyn Manson at First Ave in 1996. but i'll pay $30, 40, 50, 60 now to see him? makes a ton of sense. i was broke and 17 and just quit my shitty job at Taco Bell. i also missed Korn at First Ave for $10. Stabbing Westward/Drill for around the same. FML.

uhh, you know this exists right? http://www.discogs.com/Spooky-Kids-The-Lunch-Boxes-Choklit-Cows/release/1267856

i'd like more of the demos to be released, but this is legit. Daisy Berkowitz lawyered up to get the rights back to the demos and released them under The Spooky Kids, since he couldn't use the name "Marilyn Manson".

I did not know this existed, but it's still missing my favorite tracks (including "Filth"). Will definitely check it out though- thanks for the heads up!

but....I think it was Korn and LIMP BIZKIT! I'd pay $10 to see Korn in Life Is Peachy era any dang day, except apparently when I was 17. how far they've fallen since.

Only ever got into Korn's first album, but was significantly into it. The second one came out and I had literally 0 interest. Limp Bizkit you couldn't pay me to see.

Can we change the title of this thread to "Teenage Nostalgia Apreesh"? Love having my nostalgia justified by others who share it!

i think i lost a karma point from this thread. #haters.

i could give a shit about Limp Bizkit, but i saw them the next year with Korn/Helmet. it would just have been nice to see Korn at First Ave before they went on to stadiums and big venues. i saw them on a radio show outdoors in like 95 for S/T and while it was cool, it was outdoors and they weren't the headliner so it was a short set.

Korn played First Ave not too long ago, and i didn't go for obvious reasons. the 90s are over. ;)

Korn played First Ave not too long ago, and i didn't go for obvious reasons. the 90s are over. ;)

The dream of the '90s is alive in Minneapolis. Soul Asylum is one of my favorite bands of all time, though their '90s output is by far their weakest... err... second weakest next to the 2000s... or the 2010s...

Runaway Train, never going back. i don't know, as a kid, i only got into Grave Dancers Union but mainly because i was only 13 when it came out and didn't know any better. i didn't go far into their back catalog or past Let Your Dim Light Shine.

Their first record is straight up punk. Sounds like MC5 a bit. I truly love it.