Vinyl Collective now has a podcast :)

Not to be a dick...I mean I love the concept and respect to those who take their time to make this sort of thing, but a bit more variety would be lovely. I see no point in listening to a podcast of music I've already heard a billion times.

I know that's going to be kind of hard seeing as we're all music nerds, but I think some deeper digging would be nice.

Excited to see where this goes though...

Not to be a dick...I mean I love the concept and respect to those who take their time to make this sort of thing, but a bit more variety would be lovely. I see no point in listening to a podcast of music I've already heard a billion times.

I know that's going to be kind of hard seeing as we're all music nerds, but I think some deeper digging would be nice.

Excited to see where this goes though...

Isn't that the point of changing up who makes the podcast? Obviously some of us have deeper music libraries than others.

So is this more of a podcast to discover new music, rather than to discuss records?

I do believe it's open to your wants and desires. If you want to tell a story about a certain record then play a tune from it, do so. If you just want to have people hear something you dig, do that. If you want to play 5 radiohead songs in a row, fucking do it.

Not yet. Still trying to figure this shit out.

I was just kidding. zacaroo21 is next on the list and did a really cool show.

Also he is correct about the layout of the show, you're essentially just sharing your music. If you choose to use it to promote lesser known bands you like, do it. If you want to play the first half of a CD-R mix you burned when you were 13, do that (although I'd rather nobody play 5 Radiohead songs back to back).

This is supposed to be fun, not work. Nobody should feel like they need to scour their music library looking for the most obscure thing they can find, but if that sounds cool to you than do it up!

Not yet. Still trying to figure this shit out.

I was just kidding. zacaroo21 is next on the list and did a really cool show.

Also he is correct about the layout of the show, you're essentially just sharing your music. If you choose to use it to promote lesser known bands you like, do it. If you want to play the first half of a CD-R mix you burned when you were 13, do that (although I'd rather nobody play 5 Radiohead songs back to back).

This is supposed to be fun, not work. Nobody should feel like they need to scour their music library looking for the most obscure thing they can find, but if that sounds cool to you than do it up!

Ha. I started to feel pressure and responded. Should have known you were kidding.

Yeah, I went with a few older tunes. I guess I figured for the first episode I maybe wanted people to find something they could associate with rather than a bunch of new music right off the bat. Plus... Nostalgia got the best of me. :)

I'm stoked to hear some of these and discovering new music as this moves along. I promise when it gets back to me, it won't be so 2003. Hahaha! And if it wasn't your style of music, then take 30 minutes and make your own episode and lets hear some of the stuff you love! I'm always down for hearing new things.