Baroness - Yellow & Green

Guest obzen

All of his covers feature fertilization. He mentions it in this badass interview they just shared on Facebook - http://www.ocartblog.com/2012/05/his-own-mythology-the-art-and-music-of-john-dyer-baizley/

Wow. Great interview.

Thanks for posting!

There was a great article in the April issue of Juxtapoz that looks like it was from the same interview, but was more expanded than the above link.

Guest deathbydrums

Totally slept on this and sorry if it's mentioned in this thread...

Is the yellow/green split deluxe version available anywhere still?

Thx.

Guest deathbydrums

As if there's such a thing as an "underground" anymore. The gap has been narrowing for years. The song is fucking awesome by the way.

Underground is still there, you just gotta dig yo. It'll always be there.

Guest obzen
Totally slept on this and sorry if it's mentioned in this thread...

Is the yellow/green split deluxe version available anywhere still?

Thx.

Unfortunately no. Sold out.

As if there's such a thing as an "underground" anymore. The gap has been narrowing for years. The song is fucking awesome by the way.

That gap is wider than you think.

Kinda surprised it took till page seven to get a response. We all know there will always be an "underground" that won't have a chance to subvert what's popular. Those usually take years to water down. I'm just saying the rate at which those different scenes are getting commodified have risen exponentially. It's getting easier to water things down.

That gap is wider than you think.

Kinda surprised it took till page seven to get a response. We all know there will always be an "underground" that won't have a chance to subvert what's popular. Those usually take years to water down. I'm just saying the rate at which those different scenes are getting commodified have risen exponentially. It's getting easier to water things down.

Why would a scene want to subvert popular music?

Also what bands does one consider part of underground music nowadays? People have vastly different ideas.of what is considered. Im curious.

I posted then deleted a comment because I thought it might be too off topic for the Baroness thread. Essentially you can't quantify the "gap" without consensus of what mainstream and what underground is.

Since there isn't really a standard set of metrics and a whole lot of subjective opinion is involved the argument, much like the guy with bandages on his ass, is going nowhere.

Why would a scene want to subvert popular music?

Also what bands does one consider part of underground music nowadays? People have vastly different ideas.of what is considered. Im curious.

Why wouldn't they? If you told an artist they could make a living off of music they're truly passionate about, but take it to the masses on there own terms.. who would pass that up? Yeah, I know an artist is different from an entire scene, but all it takes is that one artist who blows the lid off the ceiling for the others.

What do I consider underground? Well in my bullshit opinion, I like to think of in the pines as a good example. What about you?

I posted then deleted a comment because I thought it might be too off topic for the Baroness thread. Essentially you can't quantify the "gap" without consensus of what mainstream and what underground is.

Since there isn't really a standard set of metrics and a whole lot of subjective opinion is involved the argument, much like the guy with bandages on his ass, is going nowhere.

You know, your right. I'll stop. I gotta stop mixing pills and alchohol. Great convo though!

Guest obzen
I went to the Detroit show last night, and they had both Red and Blue on vinyl at the booth. Really wanted to get the tour print, but they were all sold out :(

Great show by them! New songs sounded awesome live.

This is great. Do you know which variants they had? Thanks.

I went to the Detroit show last night, and they had both Red and Blue on vinyl at the booth. Really wanted to get the tour print, but they were all sold out :(

Great show by them! New songs sounded awesome live.

This is great. Do you know which variants they had? Thanks.

I saw them in Anaheim on the 4th and they only had Blue Record, my buddy picked one up and it was the Grey Third press out of 514.

Just bit the bullet and spent a grand total of $67 on the deluxe LP on Yellow and the standard LP on 180g black. Normally would not spend this much on a single release but god damn I know it's going to rule - have been listening to that new song non-stop tonight...so fucking good. Can't wait for the leak...looked everywhere I could but it hasn't hit the intertubes yet. Keeping my eyes peeled. Going to be one hell of a record I reckon.