Baroness - Yellow & Green

Guest obzen

For anyone considering ordering this but isn't sure how much they'll like the album, remember that this is Baroness and you'll certainly be able to at least get your $30/$70 back. Think about how much the 3LP version of "Blue Record" goes for.

That being said, I'll probably be passing on this unless I can find a standard black version for cheap down the road. Baroness is a really cool band, but in all honesty I don't love them enough to justify spending $30 on them.

For anyone considering ordering this but isn't sure how much they'll like the album, remember that this is Baroness and you'll certainly be able to at least get your $30/$70 back. Think about how much the 3LP version of "Blue Record" goes for.

That being said, I'll probably be passing on this unless I can find a standard black version for cheap down the road. Baroness is a really cool band, but in all honesty I don't love them enough to justify spending $30 on them.

And think that for Europeans deluxe+shipping is not less that 75/80$!!! :'(

wow, yellow/green split is gone... :'( for me it was the only one that worth to pay that amount for being shipped to europe

Guys, I just had an idea that wanted to share. First of all, I have lots of records, many of them collectible hard to find, but I dont consider myself a record nerd, I don't know much more about this business rather than just paying for the record I like. And also, I have NEVER sold any record.

That said, here is my idea: I was thinking about buying both yellow opaque and dark green deluxe editions, and then mixing the records, so I can have a copy of A/B yellow C/D green and another one of A/B green and C/D yellow. Then I could sell one of them.

Actually to me this is what makes more sense in this case, one yellow, one green, and I wonder why they didn't release it, it was so easy :)

the thing is, you, as record nerds, what do you think. Is it a sacrilege to sell a non-catalloged/custom copy (call it what you want)? Would it be impossible to sell because of this? Have you ever done something like this?

Please, in case this is something horrible dont blame me, I will not do that and thats all. I dont want to break rules. I was just wondering..

Thanks!

wow, yellow/green split is gone... :'( for me it was the only one that worth to pay that amount for being shipped to europe

Guys, I just had an idea that wanted to share. First of all, I have lots of records, many of them collectible hard to find, but I dont consider myself a record nerd, I don't know much more about this business rather than just paying for the record I like. And also, I have NEVER sold any record.

That said, here is my idea: I was thinking about buying both yellow opaque and dark green deluxe editions, and then mixing the records, so I can have a copy of A/B yellow C/D green and another one of A/B green and C/D yellow. Then I could sell one of them.

Actually to me this is what makes more sense in this case, one yellow, one green, and I wonder why they didn't release it, it was so easy :)

the thing is, you, as record nerds, what do you think. Is it a sacrilege to sell a non-catalloged/custom copy (call it what you want)? Would it be impossible to sell because of this? Have you ever done something like this?

Please, in case this is something horrible dont blame me, I will not do that and thats all. I dont want to break rules. I was just wondering..

Thanks!

Would buy at price...I like the dark green way better than the regular one...

And btw, does anybody know something about the orange cream? I mean what's the reason to put out a colour that has nothing to do with the album?

Yeah, the colours are definitely strange to say the least. I was tempted by the split Deluxe but it just looks nasty compared to the standard Yellow/Green (which fits the theme too). Those IMO should have been swapped around.

Not that I'm complaining. I've gone for the 180g black for now (I have Red & Blue on black too) but will try grab the Y/G standard once released (hopefully some of those find their way to other retail which will have fairer shipping prices to Europe). Thing is, there will supposedly be 7000 on standard weight black, I reckon those are for retail globally and that Relapse will keep all the special/coloured editions to themselves. That's my guess anyway.

Picked up a deluxe on dark green. So glad I saw this today! I would have been pissed if I missed out on the deluxe. I got the 3LP for Blue record, not realizing that it would sell for so much more than I paid. I'd never sell mine, but its good to know that it was a worth while investment. Love these guys!

Thanks!

And btw, does anybody know something about the orange cream? I mean what's the reason to put out a colour that has nothing to do with the album?

well, records are released all the time that dont necessarily coordinate with the artwork.

Thanks!

I only want to point out that when you mix those two and want to sell them, they don't match any existing official release.

The a/b yellow, c/d green is only available as regular release and green is light green. But the deluxe green is dark green.

One of your mixes will be a/b green, c/d yellow and (currently) there is not any such official release.

I assume it is also part of the Relapse strategy that you cannot buy any configuration and combine it to a more rare, potentially more valuable, release.

So if you decide to sell later, you'll just create confusion and FUD will reduce the amount of potential buyers, forcing you to lower your price.

Or worse, someone will buy, notice later what happened and dispute.

Get your two copies and keep them as they are. :P

Just sayin'.

well, records are released all the time that dont necessarily coordinate with the artwork.

It's not about the artwork...but regarding the fact that almost all variants follow the scheme of "yellow & green", orange seems out of place...

Also to add to the mix match thing........relapse does repress these later on in much different variants. I wouldnt be surprised if they make a triple lp later. Or splatters that match more. Buy a standad yellow green and slip in in a deluze and keep it for yourself otherwise. I think thatd be cool

It's true that they do many represses, but not for deluxe limited editions like this. Blue record 3xLP was just one press