Baroness - Yellow & Green

Guest obzen

Has anyone noticed how the vocals on the new single sound a lot like Nickleback?

ugh

can't say i have listened to Nickleback before. However, if Nickleback sounds like that new Baroness song then maybe i need to start listening to Nickleback.

No disrespect but sir you obviously do not know what you are getting yourself into with a statement like that..........

It's like opening the book of the dead

Nickleback are an abortion of a a radio band from Canada fyi

I gotta say: the Nickelback vocal comparison is ludicrous to me. The vocals in this song are a little bit cleaner than we're used to in general from Baroness and a bit too high in the mix but hey at least there are still a couple flat notes in the harmonies to make it feel less produced. My only gripe with this recording is that it has none of the fire that the live versions have. I've never found that to be a problem between Baroness live and studio sound. Obviously, the live sound will be more intense but they've always managed to capture that pretty well on record.

btw does a digital album pre-order make any sense? is there a limited download amount or what?

Pre-orders exist to boost their first week sales which influences charting, distribution, radio play, tour marketing and offers, etc. The more people who pre-order the better their overall first week sales.

how can standard 2xCD be 12$ and digital album pre-order be 13.99$ OR MORE??

http://baroness.bandcamp.com/

When the fuck did Baroness get a bandcamp? Has this been around long?

There's a fairly extensive Relapse Records bandcamp page: http://relapserecords.bandcamp.com/

And the "$13.99 or more" is because with bandcamp you can choose to pay more for than the minimum price.

Yo dudes. Reporting live from the show. They rule!

Hope you're having (or had) a blast. I have yet to see them live. Heard they put on a fantastic show.

Saw them open for Mastodon in 2010 and they slayed. Fuckin' excellent performance. Wish I would have bought all their vinyl from the merch table at that time. Would be sittin' pretty right now.

• 3 weeks later...