This used to be a good forum...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. flame wars and people who go out of their way to stir the pot

2. taking the thread completely off topic trying to be funny. -the same culprits every time

3. there seems to be very little moderating going on now except for the occasional merging of threads or banning of competing distros.

4. who can post the funniest or most appropriate gif

Fixed and numbered the top four things that make this board sometimes suck.

I am new here, but over the short time I have been posting I have seen things take a downturn.

In the end though I really dig the board and appreciate all of the people who post useful information about MUSIC.

I have discovered so many great bands and am really thankful to all those that add to the music conversation and keep us informed about releases.

I suppose Shaq could be contained to only the MTS - Blink thread. That would clean up half the board right there. I see the MTS thread as an independent animal all itself and I think it has been solid that it turned into an informational thread as well.

I find the gifs less a distraction than the overall bitching about pre-orders and who bought too many copies of what.

Maybe a subforum or specific thread needs to be created for complaints. The majority do not agree with the minority who are running up thread pages with the same BS complaints over and over.

The general sentiment here is that folks would like it easier to discuss releases and music without all the drama - I back this 100%. Vinyl collecting isn't a cause, it's a hobby but a few people on here don't see the difference. I'm all for being disappointed and expressing it but there has to be a point that you let go.

I suppose Shaq could be contained to only the MTS - Blink thread. That would clean up half the board right there. I see the MTS thread as an independent animal all itself and I think it has been solid that it turned into an informational thread as well.

I find the gifs less a distraction than the overall bitching about pre-orders and who bought too many copies of what.

Maybe a subforum or specific thread needs to be created for complaints. The majority do not agree with the minority who are running up thread pages with the same BS complaints over and over.

the coop sub-board should be changed to a "label news and discussion" forum. most of the bitching and tomfoolery is spawned by people who are only concerned about a few bands and their particular releases. then they get adventurous and find their way into other threads in the same sub-forum. i mean, look at the everything else board. there is far more relevant and respectful conversation happening there, because the shenanigans never venture outside the general forum.

man back in 2007 when this shit was real? you guys missed out.

Since I registered in early 08 I must have missed all that because when I showed up it was just shitty gaslight anthem and against me variant threads.

You know what might help keep stuff off the boards themselves? A simple chat room. No idea if that is feasible but all the trash talk stuff could hopefully be relegated there and keep the boards open for useful information. I don't know just a thought!

That would just make it so there was Message board trash talk and real time trash talk.

Meh, it's a message board...shenanigans are part of the deal. If you really don't like it, find another place to post, limit your tome spent here, or start your own board. I have done 2 out of 3 myself...it's not that hard.

this place has gone more and more downhill over time to the point now where it nose dived off the cliff. like a few others have already said, i pretty much stopped posting here for the most part because of all the nonsense. there have always been trolls, dumb new people, people who ask stupid questions, say stupid things or make stupid threads, flame wars and people who go out of their way to stir the pot. but not at the level it is now. all that stuff has become worse as of late and is way out of hand now. mainly because people refuse to let threads die by continuing arguments just for the sake of arguing and/or taking the thread completely off topic trying to be funny. the most frustrating thing is that it is the same culprits every time, the usual suspects where when you see a seemingly innocuous thread explode over the course of a day it's because the same handful of people decide to derail the train.

once a thread gets past page two it turns into bitching, whining, name calling, flame wars, trolling and gifs. yes, this is the internet but everything can easily be kept to a minimum, with or without mods stepping. there seems to be very little moderating going on now except for the occasional merging of threads or banning of competing distros. while initially funny, every thread does not need to be turned into Scalabrine or Shaq, or who can post the funniest or most appropriate gif just because. this place does provide a lot of useful info, but more often than not you have to sift through a bunch of irrelevant posts to find the one or twuo posts that actually answer something. which never used to be the case three or even two years ago.

+1

I honestly think that the people who notice a dip in quality in this place could easily alleviate that by making positive contributions. I'm not saying that the people who are complaining have not made those contribution but that those people should simply continue to make those contributions and focus on that aspect and ignore the negativity. A message board is just like a sample of real life. There is always good and bad and they fluctuate constantly. Just because things have gotten exceptionally bad, doesn't mean you just drop out. Keep making positive efforts and you'll notice the positivity flourish.

Meh, it's a message board...shenanigans are part of the deal. If you really don't like it, find another place to post, limit your tome spent here, or start your own board. I have done 2 out of 3 myself...it's not that hard.

And suppose there were other venues for posting in addition to VC, where would those be ? ;)

And suppose there were other venues for posting in addition to VC, where would those be ? ;)

lemonpartyfanboy.proboards.com

Har har. I tried to fix my post, but this Galaxy tablet kinda sucks sometimes...oh well.

Kriss: N&B and VLV (I dare ALL OF YOU to register and post there).

i've been on here for years and the forum's great. the stuff on here i dont like, i ignore. yeah, it can get a bit shit having to trawl through a multi-page thread to get some info you need, but its an extra minute or 2 of yr time. really, is it that big a deal?

a bit of perspective folks. and a little less whinging. :P

Hey mods can we get a combined thread for all the complaining about things threads?

But seriously, I don't see the issue in some of the humor that's come about lately. The only thing I'd like to see is less people being dicks to people who ask questions, dumb or not. Everyone's gotta learn sometime.

Anyone who comes to a forum about record collecting ( and not even good record collecting just kids preordering variants every few days) and expects quality posts is a moron.

Pretty much this. Also I've been at least a lurker since at least the very beginning and there's always being at least some trash here. And always will be. It's a free public message board.

Honestly I just come here for the news threads anyway, if that subforum wasn't here I'd be on much less.