What's Eating Gilbert - The Nashville Session 7"

anyways we are not getting RJ'd, cause believe it or not i really want the record too. this week is almost over so let's hope all this vinyl shows up tomorrow!

Oh well he really wants it so we know its not like RJ. Cause we all know RJ didnt want that Blink release to happen either.

just pointing out the absurdity of your argument, not that I really think that PandP will go the way of MTS off of this release.

Delays happen, if you wanted the records day of, you should order it day of it being pressed and ready to ship, DO NOT PRE-ORDER something and that is that!!!! People need to understand that production isn't up to the label. they put an order in and it goes to a manufacturer. If you want to complain how about you get a hold of the pressing plant. It's pretty pathetic to see people compare them to RJ and MTS or AFS. When years ago you guys were all over RJ's dick complaining about Virgil. So in short if you don't like waiting for something don't do a fucking PRE-ORDER, and wait to order it until the record is ready to be sent out.

So in short if you don't like waiting for something don't do a fucking PRE-ORDER, and wait to order it until the record is ready to be sent out.

this statement should be posted on top of this board where everybody can read it over and over again.

there are just too many posts complaining about a delayed record.

what difference does make to wait for your order longer than expected?

if it does make a difference for you, do not preorder records.

as bobbydrake33 said, delays often happen. they happen everywhere else and not only regarding vinyl records.

Delays happen, if you wanted the records day of, you should order it day of it being pressed and ready to ship, DO NOT PRE-ORDER something and that is that!!!! People need to understand that production isn't up to the label. they put an order in and it goes to a manufacturer. If you want to complain how about you get a hold of the pressing plant. It's pretty pathetic to see people compare them to RJ and MTS or AFS. When years ago you guys were all over RJ's dick complaining about Virgil. So in short if you don't like waiting for something don't do a fucking PRE-ORDER, and wait to order it until the record is ready to be sent out.

tell'em steve-dave!

Because, unfortunately, there's a 45 day window for PayPal discrepancies. So after 45 days if someone doesn't wanna give you a refund, you're fucked. Also, if your putting a date on a release, be conservative. It's also good customer service from a company to update your customers, even if it's an e-mail saying "we're still waiting to receive shipment, and as soon as we get them, they'll be on the way." if you don't wanna see people complain, don't go to a message board.

as much as it's annoying to read people bitching about pre-orders and/or delays. it's equally annoying to read about people complaining about those complainers by saying SIMPLY DON'T PRE-ORDER!!! NOBODY IS FORCING YOU TO BUY IT!!! not pre-ordering is fine and a logic approach in most cases. but with how things go these days for the most part you aren't left with a choice if you want the record. some records sell out through pre-order in a matter of minutes. so if you don't pre-order you either have to wait for a re-press (that may never happen) or pay ridiculous ebay prices. sure you can say wait a few weeks or months till the prices drop, but odds are the price will never come down to what the record originally sold for.

both sides of the argument have their pros and cons. pre-ordering should be done on a case by case basis. some records i pre-order the second they go up anticipating them selling out fast, others i don't pre-order at all and some i hold off pre-ordering till close to the release date either because of a label's track record of fucking things up or there are only a few copies left and my hand is forced. so far that system has paid off. the main problems lies with not whiny kids bitching about something, it's the labels and/or distros that launch pre-orders two, sometime more months in advance of the record coming out or launch pre-orders so they can get money to actually press the records people are already paying for.

for the record i didn't pre-order this because it's through P+P and i didn't think this particular 7" would sell out any time soon. i do want to get it at some point though, if it sees the light of.day anytime soon. i've been posting in this thread just to see if P+P would say what is going on since at least two people who work for them frequent these boards. and so far they haven't said a word other than get off our back.

Sorry for the lack of update guys. It wasn't that we were ignoring you, it was that we were just waiting on news from the plant so we could actually HAVE SOMETHING to tell you guys.

But the records have officially shipped from the plant to Gainesville. We have begun pre-packaging mailers so we can just tape them up once we get the 7"s in. As soon as they arrive at Vinnie's from the plant, they will begin shipping out.

Thanks for the patience guys, some more so than others hahaha. That being said, we understand the frustration. Sometimes stuff occurs with the artist where you have to get stuff re-done. We appreciate that most of you kept level-headed about the situation.

From the Weatherbox American Art PO thread, dated July 16:

Really early preorder, six weeks out of shipping date, maybe I'll buy this in a month if it's still in stock.

Just wanted to let you know that I'm picking the first batch of these 2xLPs up tonight with the remainder coming in next week, while your customers are still waiting for a record they pre-ordered 10 weeks ago.

You also have the option to pick them up from Gotta Groove since you're both in Cleveland and you CAN do something like pick them up as they're finished/in batches.

I mean, that is a perk you have. Not saying it's a huge thing that makes a difference in when you put up a preorder, but it's more a matter of how quickly you can get them once they're done.

Patrick posted in the bridge9 preorder thread, most likely on accident, that they were In his living room and would ship on Monday.

which clearly has not happened since he posted that on the 19th and here we are on wednesday the 22 and they still havent actually shipped. for a label their size, not too big but not too small, it's ridiculous how they can't ship a few records out in going on three days. doubt they sold more than 50 of these and they started pre-packaging mailers last week expecting the shipment from the plant. yet it's still somehow not unexpected they wouldnt come through on something they said.

cant wait to hear the excuses this time! it's now been more than 2 months after these we supposed to come out and more than 2 weeks since they finally admitted they screwed up and revised the release date.

We actually had a fucking terrible coincidence where the internet in the warehouse crashed. Thing after thing haha. So I had to take the orders home to print postage for after packing all of them instead of being able to do them at work. Everyone whose order CAN go out (i.e. people who don't have orders paired with other pre-orders or the pink highlighter Raneri) will be getting a shipping notice tonight and it will be in the mail first thing in the morning. Sorry again for the slight delay, none of us anticipated the internet shitting out on us Monday night.