What's Eating Gilbert - The Nashville Session 7"

[image]

Chad Gilbert To Release New 7” Through Paper + Plastick Records on June 19

New Found Glory guitarist Chad Gilbert will release a new 7” under his What’s Eating Gilbert project on June 19 via Paper + Plastick Records. The two-song 7”, entitled The Nashville Session, is the fourth release from What’s Eating Gilbert.

The Nashville Session, which will be released in digital and vinyl formats, was produced by Chad Gilbert & Jon Howard at The Anchor Room in Nashville, Tenn. It follows up three What’s Eating Gilbert releases, the Thinking ‘Bout Her, Dear God and What I’d DoEPs on Epitaph Records. The Nashville Session is the first What’s Eating Gilbert release since late 2010.

Although the project began as an outlet for Gilbert to release his songs for free online, the reaction to the music was immense and lead to physical releases. The Nashville Session has two brand-new songs that match up pound-for-pound with Gilbert’s best work. Featuring the characteristic ‘50s-style pop sounds of the What’s Eating Gilbert discography and infusing a pop-punk tilt from Gilbert’s career with New Found Glory, increased production value on The Nashville Session makes it the best What’s Eating Gilbert release to date.

The more uptempo “The One” complements the swingy vibe of “Lonely Road.” The latter of the two songs is an introspective look into Gilbert’s thoughts about tour life, following his pattern of introducing personal experience into What’s Eating Gilbert songs. Female vocal harmonies in the background in the vein of Motown/Stax artists offer a new depth for the songs. Although the release is only two songs long, it’s one to spin over and over again.

• 1 month later...

The first batch of test presses were rejected. We got the second batch, approved them, and the entire pressing has been manufactured. The people at the plant are out of the office until Monday but they should be shipping next week, and we're shipping them right when we get them in our warehouse.

Do people always just stop ordering from labels or distros the first time they have an order that takes a little too long? The release date was two weeks ago - that's really not that bad! I recently ordered an April 24 release from a label of a similar size which I'm still waiting to receive. That's over two months and I'm not that mad about it...I don't understand the reactions from people sometimes.

For reference, our mailorder is on point, we just had to reject the first test presses. Better to wait three weeks than get a slightly shitty sounding record, no? It's not an exact science when it comes to this stuff. We had a Fourth of July sale and had several hundred orders, most of which are shipping today. So that's just a reference point - when the Gilbert 7"s come in, they'll ship the day after or so.

Well first off I wasn't serious about being angry, after dealing with MTS shenanigans I can deal with a few weeks of waiting. However, an email of an update to your customers would be appreciated.

We just got this update ourself today - probably will send an email on Monday after we ship the rest of this Fourth of July sale.

For reference, our mailorder is on point, we just had to reject the first test presses. Better to wait three weeks than get a slightly shitty sounding record, no? It's not an exact science when it comes to this stuff. We had a Fourth of July sale and had several hundred orders, most of which are shipping today. So that's just a reference point - when the Gilbert 7"s come in, they'll ship the day after or so.

I've been really enjoying the mp3s of this release, is there anyway you could upload the lossless FLAC files for these songs to the store. I'd definitely buy them.

Do people always just stop ordering from labels or distros the first time they have an order that takes a little too long? The release date was two weeks ago - that's really not that bad!

I personally like to get dicked around by the company I gave money to at least three times before I learn my lesson. In return I ask you, do labels really think they dont need to update paying customers why they havent recieved the item two weeks after they said they would? You obviously knew it wouldnt hit date when you had to reject the first set of tests, why not email people then and they would be understanding. After all, they are the ones keeping you in business.

Just got this update which is much appreciated. What is not appreciated is not using BCC, can't wait for the spam that comes from this about people wanting everyone to check out their super sweet band.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to start off by apologizing for the delay but I wanted to shoot you guys an update for the Chad 7"s. There was an issue with the

plant but we are now expecting them to have a first week of August shipping point. Thanks again for your patience and sorry again for the

delay. We will get these out as soon as they arrive.

Thanks

--

Paper + Plastick Records

Customer Support

• 4 weeks later...

I find it fucking hilarious that the dude from P+P says:

Do people always just stop ordering from labels or distros the first time they have an order that takes a little too long? The release date was two weeks ago - that's really not that bad! I recently ordered an April 24 release from a label of a similar size which I'm still waiting to receive. That's over two months and I'm not that mad about it...I don't understand the reactions from people sometimes.

as if this is the first time P+P has fucked a pre order. THEN it gets delayed again by a month.