Breaking Bad Season 5

so, I started Season 1, Episode 1 on the 15th, powered through the entire series and was able to watch last night's episode as it aired. There were a few episodes and scenes that really just fucked with my head (mostly with the kids getting killed/the crack house), but this show is so fucking good, I was hooked right from the start. Mike was the man.

The ending with Jesse realizing the whole ricin incident was insane. Dude went from being completely chill to flipping out. Such a good episode.

Also to anyone interested Aaron Paul did an AMA on Reddit the other day. Seems like a really cool guy. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1kaxje/i_am_aaron_paul_ama/

Did anyone else feel like the opening scene was an ode to the story telling scene in Reservoir Dogs?

That seems like a stretch.  If they would've talked about tipping or Madonna then yeah.  Or even if it opened direct with them in the diner instead of Tod's call to Hank first.  

I would say no.

So I went back and revisited this now that we're three episodes in, and it seems to be total bullshit. (Yet I'm still afraid to read about episodes 4-8.)

I did the same...kinda glad it was BS, but the 1st episode was on point haha.

That seems like a stretch.  If they would've talked about tipping or Madonna then yeah.  Or even if it opened direct with them in the diner instead of Tod's call to Hank first.  

I would say no.

Question about the diner scene-

They made a point of showing the nazi's going to the restroom and wiping blood off his boot before going out to their car. What was that about? Did I miss something?

I would say no.

Not that scene, the one with the cops. I dunno the whole set up and way he told the story just felt like it to me.

Question about the diner scene-

They made a point of showing the nazi's going to the restroom and wiping blood off his boot before going out to their car. What was that about? Did I miss something?

Um, remember in the previous episode, how those three dudes wiped out the entire Arizona crew on Lydia's orders? The blood is probably from that.

yeah, they didn't show it flush all the way down. makes me wonder if someones going to find it and trace it back to them.

Maybe. I don't know about that. Perhaps it was just meant to remind us these guys are bad dudes despite how nice they appear (sitting nicely in the diner, being polite to the waitress etc).

I don't know about Jesse killing himself. I don't see that happening. I think now that he knows about Walt poisoning Brock he has the drive he needs to turn on him and go to the DEA. It'll come down to Walt having to take him out to silence him and I don't see Walt doing that. He doesn't have it in him.

I think Jesse is going to go to Hank, forcing Walt to run. I think the nazis are going to get their hands on Jesse while he's gone forcing Walt to come back and handle shit (hence the big ol' gun in his truck in season 5 episode 1).

yeah, they didn't show it flush all the way down. makes me wonder if someones going to find it and trace it back to them.

I hope not.  I agree with Adam that it was probably just a reminder.  Obviously something is going to happen with this part of the story, and when it does we'll be kicking ourselves when we forgot about this setup that they're slowly building.  I think it's gonna be like a drawn out version of last season when the episode starts with the kid riding on his dirt bike and then you completely forget about him until Tod shoots him.

That's my theory at least.

So someone may need to remind me.

Huell lifted Jesse's pot. That made him realize that Huell must have lifted the ricin cigarette, which Jesse originally thought he had lost. That then made Jesse think that Walt poisoned the kid, even though that was with the plant extract, not the ricin?

Like someone previously said, when the whole Brock thing happened, Jesse was convinced that Huell had lifted the cigarettes with the Ricin while bumping into him, but then Walter convinced him that it was Gus that stole it.

I think what happened is just that Huell stole the weed in the exact same way, so it made Jesse realize that the Ricin getting stolen HAD happened how he originally thought, and Walter had lied to him (yet again.)

I think the nazis are going to get their hands on Jesse while he's gone forcing Walt to come back and handle shit

Finally. A prediction that I think is plausible because it will fully satisfy me as a Breaking Bad fan. Imagine Walt going out guns blazing in the end against those Nazi shit heads that want to take over his empire. 

HOWEVER, I don't think he will "run away". I think he's going to fake his own death (which would explain why his neighbor was so astonished to see him when he comes back). What better opportunity to fake your death than when your house catches on fire? After he fakes his death, his "confession" will be uncovered somehow (if you're seeing this, I'm probably dead, Hank killed me, yadda yadda) and everyone will think Hank burned down Walt's house as retaliation for him refusing to cook. Walt's confession tape will seem even more plausible. 

I don't know, that's what I think.