Breaking Bad Season 5

Question about the diner scene-

They made a point of showing the nazi's going to the restroom and wiping blood off his boot before going out to their car. What was that about? Did I miss something?

I think this is just showing how sloppy they are in comparison to Mike (and Walt) and how they overlook details that could easily come back to haunt them.  That was what I got from it anyway.

Finally. A prediction that I think is plausible because it will fully satisfy me as a Breaking Bad fan. Imagine Walt going out guns blazing in the end against those Nazi shit heads that want to take over his empire. 

HOWEVER, I don't think he will "run away". I think he's going to fake his own death (which would explain why his neighbor was so astonished to see him when he comes back). What better opportunity to fake your death than when your house catches on fire? After he fakes his death, his "confession" will be uncovered somehow (if you're seeing this, I'm probably dead, Hank killed me, yadda yadda) and everyone will think Hank burned down Walt's house as retaliation for him refusing to cook. Walt's confession tape will seem even more plausible. 

I don't know, that's what I think. 

If Jesse decides to flip because of the Brock incident I think Walt would run just to take all the heat on himself and keep Skyler out of it. I don't see Walt as a "fake my death" kinda guy.

As for the fire, I don't think they'll actually set the house on fire. In the first episode when they showed the house it'd obviously been condemned, but didn't look like a fire had gotten to it.

I also don't think Walt truly wants to get away with anything at the expense of Hank. He only made the tape to get Hank off his back, but not to actually take him down with him.

Walt's confession tape is truly a stand out moment in an already brilliant series run.

The Brock incident always seemed like the link that could blow up the remnants of the Walt/Jesse friendship and it has. 

The interpretation of the blood on the boot above is well noted - there is this ragtag group out there busting heads and using Walt's real name. They are novices in comparison to the man that executed a whole gang standing behind bars. 

Oh, who else was stoked for the quick gas can perspective shot? One of my favorite things about BB is the cinematography and they seem to always find a way to have the camera convey the tension. it was 3-5 seconds of gold. 

The interpretation of the blood on the boot above is well noted - there is this ragtag group out there busting heads and using Walt's real name. They are novices in comparison to the man that executed a whole gang standing behind bars. 

Those novices are the people that pulled off said executions. 

I still read it the same way that Dave did though.. While the uncle + crew may have been great at organizing and pulling off a mass prison execution, they are still inexperienced and novices when it comes to actually running a drug empire. The sloppiness (i.e blood on the shoe, using Walt's name, etc.) and the fact that he's an expert at things relating to being incarcerated are evidence of that.

Oh, Dave is still right. They are sloppy, without question. Todd was using Walt's real name in a record message about offing some major drug runners, telling his buddies stories about the train heist, etc. They went in an mowed down an entire group of people, and probably didn't clean up the crime scene. The blood still on his shoe is evidence that they don't pay attention to detail when it comes to covering their tracks.

It has to be intentional, right? Maybe they just happened to cast a few Seinfeld people to start then thought it was funny to work them in as they could later in the show?

Maybe.  But I think its probably more likely that the shows share a casting director or agency or something.