Do any of you Suit Up?

Cheers (This is when I was a little girl who put ice in my whisk(e)ys)

I'm glad you clarified this because I was about to question our friendship

Last time I suited up I was 210 pounds so I gave my suit to goodwill. Ive suited up 4 times in my life. Twice for a wedding, once for my dads funeral and because my mom asked. And lastly for LA gala event. everytime with vans and a punk rock pin on my lapel. Im incapable of being classy.

WPEZC.jpg

I had a custom MTM suit done for my wedding. I need more excuses to wear it, but don't want to look like a neckbeard who's trying too hard. I guess I need to take the wife out to fancier dates.

Gaining an interest in men's fashion has been harder on my bank account than record collecting. I own so many shoes now :) / :(

WPEZC.jpg

I had a custom MTM suit done for my wedding. I need more excuses to wear it, but don't want to look like a neckbeard who's trying too hard. I guess I need to take the wife out to fancier dates.

Gaining an interest in men's fashion has been harder on my bank account than record collecting. I own so many shoes now :) / :(

That's a good lookin suit man. I like the green tie. I was given the option of renting a $200 tux or buying my own suit to wear for the wedding. Decided to go with the suit so I could possibly wear it again some day. It just makes sense to do that rather than waste money on a rented tux! I'm color blind though, so picking any kind of nice clothing out is difficult. I have to bring someone along with me to make sure that I don't buy a whole bunch of crazy stuff.

So far I've liked H&M and Express for Men. Those are the two main places I buy "nice" clothing from because they have stuff that fits my frame.

I regularly have to wear shirt and tie for work, but don't own an actual "suit". However, if it were more affordable I'd probably suit up more often. I want to look like the Men In Black everyday.

No you don't Black suits are for funerals or formal events only. They're not versatile at all. Your first suit should be charcoal or navy.

I had mine made to measure from Thick As Thieves LA - http://thickasthievesla.com/ It was about $580 total, which is super cheap for what it is. I'd also suggest looking into ProperSuit - http://www.propersuit.com/ Which provides pseudo-bespoke services.

No you don't Black suits are for funerals or formal events only. They're not versatile at all. Your first suit should be charcoal or navy.

I had mine made to measure from Thick As Thieves LA - http://thickasthieve...evesla.com/��It was about $580 total, which is super cheap for what it is. I'd also suggest looking into ProperSuit - http://www.propersui...uit.com/��Which provides pseudo-bespoke services.

You may be right about the black suit... charcoal might be a better way to go. I don't wear Navy though. I appreciate those links though. I'll have to check them out when I have a little extra cash in my pockets. Thanks!

You SHOULD wear Navy. Navy is badass. Check out Ewan McGregor rocking all kinds of blue from GQ a few month ago:

euan-mcgregor-gq-fashion-spread.jpg

ewan-mcgregor-gq0112.jpg

The pinstripes are questionable, though.

I'll admit the blue on blue on blue suit looks nice, but I'd never wear it.

And the second pic is just questionable all around.