Do any of you Suit Up?

i own a few suits from Express. they fit me well and often get positive comments about it.

My wife and I were actually waiting for her glasses and we ending up buying tow suits from there. They are really cheap, price wise, and look passable. I couldn't believe it. I don't have a reason to wear one for a few weeks but if this thread is still around I'll post a pic of one of them.

@sharticon, I want the suit he is rocking in the first picture, like right now.

Don't get a pinstripe suit. Unless you're a very wealthy banker or want to give off vibes that you're either a tryhard or a mafia boss. Othewise, find a nice fitting navy suit and take it to a tailor for customization. Don't get the peak lapels like he has, though. Get notch lapels. Pair it with some sexy brown double monks:

tumblr_liahmsE3ji1qfex1b.png

My two suits are a nice dark charcoal and a classy black one. I plan on wearing the charcoal more often than the black, but I figured having those two options was a nice start. Next one up will be a navy. Also... I'm a big skinny tie fan. Call me a hipster or whatever, but I think they look nice.

the new job i have lined up will probably call for more suit wearing... in which case i definitely plan on getting navy.

and at one point i heard about The League's "neckflix" idea being stolen and actually used as an internet subscription service where you can rent ties so youre not always wearing the same ones. i would totally be down with that.

my job doesn't require a suit, but being a manager of a call centre with 75 staff under me it would suit the position (heh)

It's a money thing, though I keep meaning to save a couple of bucks and go in for a sale at Moores or something, I know I look good in one.

Wedding:

6174_1141225021659_5668976_n.jpg

Bachelor party:

4825_198102260076_7444405_n.jpg

(100% camel hair baby!)

Back when I was in CO, my go to suit. Tie seems to be a hit with everyone.

157bw.jpg

My littler brother used to live in Aurora. He was in the Air Force too, except he did Security Forces at Buckely. I like the different shades of purple in that tie. Or at least I think it's purple (the whole colorblind thing).

Also @Daegor, I've always wanted to do the black coat, black shirt, colored tie thing. Props to you man!

I just went tie shopping because I had to match my date's dress for the wedding, because... duh. I have a subtly-striped black/dark gray suit with a minty-green shirt and a jade green tie. I didn't know what jade green was until today. It's like normal green, but not... somehow.

Pics to come this weekend!

My littler brother used to live in Aurora. He was in the Air Force too, except he did Security Forces at Buckely. I like the different shades of purple in that tie. Or at least I think it's purple (the whole colorblind thing).

Also @Daegor, I've always wanted to do the black coat, black shirt, colored tie thing. Props to you man!

I worked right across from Buckley at the Impound Lot (not as bad as some may think), so my lunch breaks consisted of watching the F-16s do drills. But yeah, that tie is different shades of purple and in the right light, it looks as if a row is missing. Had to get it.

I love suiting up! Luckily I don't have to for work or anything, so whenever my friends and I want to suit up, it's fun, not a pain in the ass or anything.

We suited up for my bday the last two years and had a blast.

This year in Philly (I'm the white dude in the middle):

IMG_0528.jpg

last year in Baltimore:

197331_10150130308553752_4911721_n.jpg

And I think this was on Thanksgiving last year:

IMG_0393.jpg

19278_604882994404_3948759_n.jpg19278_604882989414_7511337_n.jpg19278_604883149094_6654901_n.jpg

I disagree that black suits are only for super formal occasions. Though these photos were taken at my wedding, I wear this suit often for work meetings. I do, however, agree that charcoal is the most versatile. Skinny ties always. Skinny ties. Also: it's not called suiting up, it's just called wearing a suit. Thick as Thieves is a great designer and nice guy. Almost had him do this suit but I opted to save a little and bought an H&M suit and had it custom fit by my secret Russian tailor.

19278_604882994404_3948759_n.jpg19278_604882989414_7511337_n.jpg19278_604883149094_6654901_n.jpg

I disagree that black suits are only for super formal occasions. Though these photos were taken at my wedding, I wear this suit often for work meetings. I do, however, agree that charcoal is the most versatile. Skinny ties always. Skinny ties. Also: it's not called suiting up, it's just called wearing a suit. Thick as Thieves is a great designer and nice guy. Almost had him do this suit but I opted to save a little and bought an H&M suit and had it custom fit by my secret Russian tailor.

It's not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing. Black suits are not versatile. Anytime you think a black suit would look good, charcoal would look better. Black is just far too stark. Also, you should shorten the jacket sleeves a little. No one is this thread is showing shirt cuffs! Fix it, dudes. Suit looks good though. Congratulations on the marriage!

Also tie width should match lapel width. Super wide ties look awkward as all hell, unless you have the body type an lapels to match them. Skinny ties would look out of place with a conservative suit.

I'm glad someone pointed out the sleeve length. That bugs me and is usually the first thing I notice on someone else's suit.

I don't know if I ever explicitly noticed tie-width and lapel width, but that just seems to make sense so hopefully I subconsiously picked up on that in the past. My suits and ties are fairly conservative so I think I've been fine, though I do like skinny ties. You gotta have a slim look overall to pull it off though

My date burned a hole in her dress somehow so is changing what she's wearing. Obviously I have to match her bc that'd be stupid if we didn't, but...

Is a corduroy skinny tie stupid? I got it as a joke because on 11/11 my whole department wears corduroy jackets to school, but I actually kinda like the tie.

Quick! I only have 45 minutes!

Until this year i've hated wearing a suit, but in jan i took the plunge and paid out for a fully bespoke two piece in dark grey, it looks absolutely amazing and it's so comfortable. Unfortunately the first time i'm going to wear it is on monday for my grandmother's funeral but a group of friends and myself go out to eat meat and drink red wine every couple of months, next trip is to a really upmarket restaurant in london for which we will all have to wear our suits, i can't wait.

My date burned a hole in her dress somehow so is changing what she's wearing. Obviously I have to match her bc that'd be stupid if we didn't, but...

Is a corduroy skinny tie stupid? I got it as a joke because on 11/11 my whole department wears corduroy jackets to school, but I actually kinda like the tie.

Quick! I only have 45 minutes!

Don't match. Complement.