Minus the Bear - Infinity Overhead

am i the only one who thinks the new album is garbage?

i just ran the numbers. so far 1/3 (on this board) think the album is garbage. 1/3 says it's really good, 1/3 even loves it. if that's all the information we have right now we can assume 100 out of 300 would think it's garbage. we'll have to wait to gather more information though.

i feel sorry for scott and juan. these variants are getting kind of out of hand.

I hear that. Thanks. I think that variant that SRC has is the same one you can pre-order from the band's site. The description makes it sound exactly the same. Minus the shirt and slipmat. Although SRC's book is 50 pages while the one on the band's site is 16-page hardbound book. Hmmmmm...

And I have yet to hear any leaks...so don't have any opinion outside of the three songs the band released...which I love so far.

Just finished the album......verdict is *drumroll* FUCKING AMAZING! I don't care for Lonely Gun, which honestly appears to be the weakest (and weirdest song) on the album.

I was at the record store here and what it appears to be is an import edition from Europe? That's just what the distro site says though.

Picked up Planet of Ice as weel :P Didn't know I was missing it.... $30 later I'm not!

I hear that. Thanks. I think that variant that SRC has is the same one you can pre-order from the band's site. The description makes it sound exactly the same. Minus the shirt and slipmat. Although SRC's book is 50 pages while the one on the band's site is 16-page hardbound book. Hmmmmm...

And I have yet to hear any leaks...so don't have any opinion outside of the three songs the band released...which I love so far.

yeah its super confusing. i have yet to still order any copy. i think im gonna listen to the record now and see how i feel from there.

Not to mention, SRC has a 2XLP listing and I didn't see anything about that on the deluxe from the band's website.

So let's get this straight so far then:

Infinity Overhead variants:

Black 180gram in Deluxe hardbound book /1,000

Clear - U.S. pressing /500?

Clear - Euro pressing /300

Clear Blue - Euro pressing /200

And now this mysterious 2xLP 180gram Clear out of 1,000 in a bigger book.

what should be taken into account the high possibility that SRC is wrong about something or all of the description. wouldnt be the first time they've had product listings wrong. seeing them list it as a double LP when everywhere else has it as a single LP raises some concerns. also doubt that the band/label would sell a "deluxe edition" book that has less pages than what SRC says they're selling will have. SRC also has a different and much later release date for that book & LP set they're selling

src just posted about this on the VC homepage, so it seems they are pretty confident that they havent made an error on info.

Minus The Bear superfans / completists only: The band will be releasing a limited edition 2XLP of their new album Infinity Overhead on Sept. 11 via Dangerbird. Unlike the regular ol’ LP version, this one’s on 180 gram vinyl and packaged with a 12″ x 12″, 50-page pictorial book. Fancy.

Check it out here.