PO: Circa Survive - Violent Waves

record is good but poorly distributed and too expensive.

I guarantee you that 75% of their sales come from digital downloads..so in that sense, the record was distributed well. But as far as physical media goes - yeah, it was somewhat poorly handled. I'm easily able to look past that without the backing of a distribution manager and label hammering due dates. Shit happens and they made the best out of a crappy situation.

However, I do think it was incredibly expensive. Typically, releases are priced higher because of labels taking the majority of the cut - with it being self produced and a guaranteed market, they could easily charge less for the product without having to risk a loss.

record is good but poorly distributed and too expensive.

I actually came across a free promo cd from a friend who works at a local radio station. I like it is why I want the vinyl, but topspin is crazy not having a cheap shipping option. Would really appreciate it Andrew, I totally will buy if toki's copy doesn't free up. Positive it wouldn't take long to unload if not.

Blake TopSpin, not the band. There was originally a media mail option and then TopSpin took it away. The band is doing their best with what they know and the resources at their disposal. Anyone who's ever talked to them knows they'd never intentionally try and rip their fans off. Not very many bands that are as huge as Circa sell their music for $5 and actually tell you to pirate it if you don't have the money.

People still bought the package didn't they? No one forced them to do so. At least they didn't make you buy a $50 or $60 package just to get the vinyl, and even the $85 package that came with the vinyl, CD, a shirt, and litho was worth it. At least it wasn't a bunch of cheaply made crap like Say Anything did or so many other bands do now days. And like the above person said, it's not like they made a killing off of it once you factor in all the costs.

"Hi Andrew,

My name is Linda and I work for Topspin.I am reaching out to apologize for the missing lithograph and for the broken box. I will arrange to have both resent, though they will have to arrive separately from two different destinations.

I will follow up with a tracking number for the Lithograph today, and shortly after for the broken box. Thanks for your patience in this matter.

Best,

Linda"

I got a tracking number for the litho. She said the replacement boxes will be sent next week.

I would try and get a replacement box too since mine came in two pieces the night I got it, but we rigged it back together, and getting an extra to give to a friend would mean money coming out of Circa's pocket indirectly, I assume. I do hope they answer me about the litho though.

I would try and get a replacement box too since mine came in two pieces the night I got it, but we rigged it back together, and getting an extra to give to a friend would mean money coming out of Circa's pocket indirectly, I assume. I do hope they answer me about the litho though.

Who said anything about sharing with a friend? ;)

Keep that shit. Haha.

after the show in austin on tuesday, i got to hear the epic and hilarious saga of how all of these handpainted sleeves came to be, straight from mr. nick beard. you guys who got one should consider yourselves lucky! if you get a chance to see them on the tour, ask 'em about it and give 'em some love for all of the hard work they put into making something special.

also, the band isn't too happy with erika records at how they handled the release. and how everything got delayed. the fact that a physical product wasn't available on release day was super frustrating for them. i think that most people have been pretty forgiving of this, and i told nick how it was nice that the band was so forward about information regarding the delays and such. that makes all the difference in my opinion. i completely forgot--i should have told him that topspin hasn't been offering a media mail option. i'm sure that they could get that fixed! circa survive is one of the most down-to-earth and authentic bands i know. if you think otherwise, you obviously have never had a conversation with any of them.

I saw them and would have loved to thank them for putting out the hand-painted vinyl but we were so damn tired and had a 2.5 hour drive home, plus it was SO crowded that I didn't think we'd get the chance to have a decent conversation.

really? everytime i've seen them, everyone always flocks to anthony and the rest of the band members are just chilling off to the side. i usually just chill with either colin or beard for an hour or sometimes even longer and then give anthony a hug after the crowd thins out and he's about to get on the bus. colin said they need to start making circa shirts that say "where's anthony?" on the front.

really? everytime i've seen them, everyone always flocks to anthony and the rest of the band members are just chilling off to the side. i usually just chill with either colin or beard for an hour or sometimes even longer and then give anthony a hug after the crowd thins out and he's about to get on the bus. colin said they need to start making circa shirts that say "where's anthony?" on the front.

We sadly didn't stay long enough to find out. It was already after midnight and two of the three other people with us had to work at 9am. But Lmfao, that's awesome. Those would be the best shirts.

"Hi Kevin,

Thanks for alerting us to the situation.

Apologies for the missing litho. A new one was requested to be sent out to you, and here is the tracking number : 1z7r20e70345822894

Please note these posters were available in a limited quantity and were numbered.

Best,

Linda"

So, um, I'm kinda beginning to worry that the lithos they're sending us aren't the ones we were supposed to get. Well, should I say, they're signed by the band. I could be wrong, but with the way that was worded, I think that's what's up. I replied to the email and asked, so I'll post the response when it comes.

"Hi Kevin,

Thanks for alerting us to the situation.

Apologies for the missing litho. A new one was requested to be sent out to you, and here is the tracking number : 1z7r20e70345822894

Please note these posters were available in a limited quantity and were numbered.

Best,

Linda"

So, um, I'm kinda beginning to worry that the lithos they're sending us aren't the ones we were supposed to get. Well, should I say, they're signed by the band. I could be wrong, but with the way that was worded, I think that's what's up. I replied to the email and asked, so I'll post the response when it comes.

Well it's kind of bull. They better be. It's not like its our fault they didn't send them. I don't even know how they didn't think to put them in the package. Some people got them so they obviously knew about them being included.

Someone else should be getting it in before I do so they can tell us what happens. Hopefully this Linda person will email me back.

And you could get unsigned lithos with the "Apl Music" bundles. I'm sure they'll have more.

I'll be getting mine in monday accordi

Mine will be here monday according to the tracking information and I will let you guys know. I did include that it was signed in my email, wondering if that'll even make a difference at all.