PO: Circa Survive - Violent Waves

Hope I get my copy from SRC soon. If not, I may buy one at the show next Friday.

In hindsight, do you think they regret going the DIY route?

They don't. Not at all. They just regret their choice in distribution and production companies. They're very happy with self-producing.

They don't. Not at all. They just regret their choice in distribution and production companies. They're very happy with self-producing.

And who's to say these production issues wouldn't have occured had they released this through a label? Labels are having so many issues with pressing plants as of late.

So... I listed my broken box on eBay and put $150 buy it now not thinking anyone would pay that and someone bought it like 13 hours later. Crazy shit. Pays for most of the package. Haha. So if anyone needs extra cash for Black Friday, sell your broken box. Considering selling my print also since its not even signed.

Damn. If I end up getting a replacement box, I'm definitely selling my broken box. That's insane. I wonder how much you'd get for the print. And god, I wanna see someone sell one of the hand-painted vinyl. Just to see.

I'm curious how high I could have put the buy it now price... I thought $150 was crazy. I was hoping to get like $60-70. You should list yours starting at $100 with buy it now at $200 and see how it goes. Haha. I only had 6 views before mine sold.

I'm curious how high I could have put the buy it now price... I thought $150 was crazy. I was hoping to get like $60-70. You should list yours starting at $100 with buy it now at $200 and see how it goes. Haha. I only had 6 views before mine sold.

That's insane. Haha. No, I think I'll list mine starting at $150 and have a BIN of $200. :P

Email them?

Yea...I guess I could do that. Even though I already did email them a week and a half ago and like 3arl said at the top of the page, they said they would be shipping sometime last week. And that doesn't seem to have happened.

It would be nice if they took the initiative and informed us about what is actually going on rather than delaying this with no info and forcing frustrated people like me to email them only to get some BS response like "I was told early next week." And then we find that to not be the case.

From SRC:

"As for Circa, we are waiting for copies still. The label and band have totally stopped responding to us. So 2 weeks ago we put on an order with a one stop who said they can get them for us (we lose 3$ a copy since the price is double now) and they told us another week they should have what we need. Total mess. Again we have to pay for other people's messes. I apologies for the delay. It really sucks."

From SRC:

"As for Circa, we are waiting for copies still. The label and band have totally stopped responding to us. So 2 weeks ago we put on an order with a one stop who said they can get them for us (we lose 3$ a copy since the price is double now) and they told us another week they should have what we need. Total mess. Again we have to pay for other people's messes. I apologies for the delay. It really sucks."

Hmmm ok...don't really understand what that second sentence means. I guess I'll keep waiting.

I am honestly shocked that Circa has not made any serious attempt at resolving this. I realize they are touring, but how hard could it be to make a couple phone calls or send a couple emails to try to get this sorted out and reassure their fans and distributors that things are being done. I am really disappointed with how this release was handled.

From SRC:

one of the worst excuses ever since there is no label involved with this

the way this release has been handled is almost laughable. i like a CS a lot but have not been able to support them with my $$$ because of crazy shipping and really poor distribution. im sure just about any reputable distributor would have picked this up for retail and let the band focus on touring. i guess creating music and distributing it dont go hand-in-hand for some bands afterall.

YAAYYYYY!

"Dear Circa Survive fan. We don't normally send emails out like this, but it has come to our attention that due to a packaging error at our warehouse, an unsigned lithograph was mistakenly sent to you when you should have received the signed one as part of the Painted Vinyl Limited Edition. We are embarrassed and apologize sincerely for this error. We are sending you the signed lithograph that you should have received to begin with, which are leaving our warehouse tomorrow, Friday, October 19. Please keep the unsigned lithograph you have already received. Again, we cannot express how sorry we are about this error and appreciate your patience while we make this right for you. If you have any questions or concerns, please write in to us and we'll take care of you right away. Sincerely, Topspin Customer Service"

Got that email too.

All those complaining about the SRC orders, cancel them and order elsewhere. All those who ordered from the band got theirs over a month ago.

EDIT: If anyone wants to make a deal on that unsigned litho, get at me.

they only give store credit though, right? someone had told me that earlier in the thread

they only give store credit though, right? someone had told me that earlier in the thread

Yes, but I'm sure there are other things you could spend it on. You could also email them and reason with them (by reason with them, I mean don't be a dick) and tell them you've waited two months, and even they said that they'd be losing $3 per copy, and see if they could give you money back instead of credit. Worth a shot.