Propagandhi - Failed States (September 4th)

Did Chris HAnnah piss off the USPS or something? And is everyone getting these in that pseudo-"frustration free" packaging? 'Cause I'm pretty frustrated that I got my record in this shape:

tumblr_mccmchepxi1r7sooso1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mccmchepxi1r7sooso2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mccmchepxi1r7sooso3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mccmchepxi1r7sooso4_1280.jpg

Delayed, and then the USPS fucked it up. Awesome.

That sucks!

If it makes you feel better, this was the first record in about two years that showed up to me in perfect condition. No corner dings, seem splits, no tears in the printed inner... The first out of about 150 in the last two years.

That sucks!

If it makes you feel better, this was the first record in about two years that showed up to me in perfect condition. No corner dings, seem splits, no tears in the printed inner... The first out of about 150 in the last two years.

This dude poses a valid point. When I first started collecting, all I heard were horror stories, and none of them were mine. This actually worked against me, as my anxiety over receiving a fucked up record continued increasing with every order. Eventually, last year, I got The Jealous Sound's "A Gentle Reminder" and it was unplayable and warped to fuck. I managed to flatten it back out, but it was pretty disheartening. If it's unplayable or you genuinely have an issue with the packaging, I'd suggest e-mailing Epitaph/King's Road and see whether they can take care of you or not.

This dude poses a valid point. When I first started collecting, all I heard were horror stories, and none of them were mine. This actually worked against me, as my anxiety over receiving a fucked up record continued increasing with every order. Eventually, last year, I got The Jealous Sound's "A Gentle Reminder" and it was unplayable and warped to fuck. I managed to flatten it back out, but it was pretty disheartening. If it's unplayable or you genuinely have an issue with the packaging, I'd suggest e-mailing Epitaph/King's Road and see whether they can take care of you or not.

I still need to call them back. I didn't get the call the first time they returned my message, and when I tried contacting them, I wasn't home. I've still nto opened the record, 'cause I still need to pick up a preamp for the older turntable I've got and I'm going to be using, so opening it is somewhat pointless, and I haven't seen the condition of the record itself, so I couldn't answer his question about the condition of the record itself. I'll call them again after work tomorrow, 'cause I'm a dumbass and forgot to call when I got home.

KRM has always been good to me in the past. Just not a fan of these mailers as opposed to the standard mailers.

damn! that sucks

As for Supporting caste, I have the german 180 gr. press on GHVC records and it sounds excellent. Probably also a different master than the US press

I just got the european presses of failed states and supporting caste (just ordered them last week), and *thank you* for posting this. the euro press of supporting caste is way better -- sounds great and even the artwork is more vibrant.

haven't had a chance to listen to the euro failed states and compare, but I'll try to do that later tonight

I am in Canada and received 2 of these on red the other day. Any idea how many red were made or if they were available anywhere else? I would be willing to trade 1 of the red if it is "needed" by someone out here...

I asked while I was on the phone and they said they thought they had about 400 copies on red. Total estimate, though. DOn't quote him or me on that. I asked, and that was the best answer I got.