MAN ADVICE

i'm fairly certain she has a boyfriend. but that's probably just the bitch in me who needed an excuse not to try it.

but while at the same bar, i made progress on this other girl .. she works with a couple friends at the place i get my haircut, and i already know she wants it.i planted the seed a few weeks ago, and last night i got to water it. i'm hoping i'll be able to pluck some petals soon.

My best friend is dating this super hot preppy rich girl turned indie chick, she's got a rediculously well put together indie collection but she has no clue how to handle a record. She was frisbee grabbing a copy of bloc parties silent alarm the other night and im pretty sure she got nail polish on that one silver mars volta album. I just can't handle it. I tried telling my boy to correct her but She's the kind of girl that will hate you for the rest of her life if you call her out. Any suggestions?

When she plays a record, start doing some mad scratching shit on her turntable and create the ultimate Neutral Milk Hotel Party Remix.

Her doing this with that new bad books record was what brought my hatred towards her manhandling. But it's ok bc it's a "Dj set up"

Guess it's time to give up the free weed and put her in vinyl time out myself.

marrieds: do you all check each other's phones and social networks?

I just feel like, if I were married, I wouldn't care, my husband could look at whatever he wanted to. There should be a trust between the two of you... you should just know the other person isn't doing anything shady behind your back. am i wrong here??!

i'm way late on this but shit this thread is long and i'm too busy to check it on the reg.

FUCK NO.  while being open is nice, i feel it's important to give him his space and i be allowed mine.  my husband has a friend whose wife checks his emails regularly and shares a facebook account with him.  wtf.  we'll joke about them whenever i tell him to ask his friend something, he says "i can't because dana is just gonna intercept it and speak for him".  so if he wants to talk to his friend without her input, he's gotta call him on the phone.

ultimately, i don't care if he looks at my email, FB, phone whatever.  i'm automatically logged in on some of my things, but i also wouldn't really feel all that great about giving up that personal space to talk with friends just me and them.  the few times he's glanced something has made for some awkward conversations also where i could tell he wasn't really comfortable about it.

for the record, i've been married nearly 9 yrs, been with him nearly 13 yrs total and i have a 3 yr old.  i've also found myself having spent more than half my life in relatively long term relationships...  with a couple flings here and there.

i had a silly thought last night. i keep bitching about how hard it is to get laid when i'm living at home... i need to start just getting hotel rooms haha. until i'm spending upwards of $600 a month on rent, i don't see why it'd be a problem to drop $100 a night once in a while.

has anyone else ever traveled this route?