MAN ADVICE

i consider this guy a really good friend, because years ago we were, but i haven't seen him much in the past two years.

he got really bad off on drugs, and i kinda shut him out of my life.

she was with this guy for almost 2 years, but he also treated her like shit.

she broke up with him over a month ago because she's dealt with way too much from him and got sick of it.

i don't see him being in my life much when he gets out anyway, so i'm not too worried about it.

there's a part of me that knows i should probably feel like a jerk, but i'm actually interested in her, and that interest seems to overpower my worry of how he'd feel, because he fucked that relationship up on his own, and she's free to make her own choices.

i don't see this becoming a full blown relationship. it's just something that's nice. and she's really, really rad. so yeah.

i consider this guy a really good friend, because years ago we were, but i haven't seen him much in the past two years.

he got really bad off on drugs, and i kinda shut him out of my life.

she was with this guy for almost 2 years, but he also treated her like shit.

she broke up with him over a month ago because she's dealt with way too much from him and got sick of it.

i don't see him being in my life much when he gets out anyway, so i'm not too worried about it.

there's a part of me that knows i should probably feel like a jerk, but i'm actually interested in her, and that interest seems to overpower my worry of how he'd feel, because he fucked that relationship up on his own, and she's free to make her own choices.

i don't see this becoming a full blown relationship. it's just something that's nice. and she's really, really rad. so yeah.

I'm glad things are getting better for you.

Great news Sean...as far as your new lady-friend, just go with it and see what happens. Anyone who has a problem with the situation can/should be told to eat a dick.

You were the bigger man in this case so good for you. Maybe I'm making assumptions but fooling around with a friends recent ex of a really good friend while he is in jail just sounds like a different situation than a college girlfriend.

How long were you with the girl? I'm sure that makes a difference too. If it's months it is a different story than years. In my case, the girl and friend were together a couple years then off for a couple months. I thought I could just make it OK. I couldn't. Started getting from other friends "do what you want, but I can't hang out with the two of you together cause I don't support your decision" and other general uncomfortableness like that.

After the girl and I broke up I was able to patch things up with the friend (we don't hang out or anything, but since it is the same circle of friends we can all be cool). I just go with a 100% FIRM no messing around with friend's exes policy now. Too many other girls out there to deal with that drama.

We were only together for a few months and I was the one who wanted to break-up. Nothing personal towards her, I was just going though other personal shit at the time. So when my friend asked me about asking her out, I was actually kinda glad.

So yeah, totally different circumstances than Sean's case, I know. And if this guy was a douche to the girl, he doesn't have the right to be pissed off if she found someone better, no matter who it is.

i don't have nearly enough experiences with weddings, but i really couldn't imagine bringing someone who i wasn't already established with.

Good for you Sean!  In regards to the whole friend thing, one of my best friends is dating a girl that I was seeing (mind you, only for a really short time), but he had the courtesy to ask in advance if it would upset me.  They are still together, and they're awesome at being a couple; however, I have had friends that didn't have that same courtesy, and because of that, they can go eat a bag of dicks.  Just tread carefully my brotha.  

Just got a wedding invite in the mail.

Go solo or search for a date? I know what I've done in the past. Just wondering what others opinions are.

solo.  however, i don't know the age of the people getting married.

most of my friends are in the 28-32 range, each time one of their weddings comes up, I fly solo all day because others in that age group will be there.  i have no problem making friends and having a meaningful overnight relationship.

It's my cousin. He's in his mid 30s. I'm 26. So it's reasonably close but not ideal.

She comes from a super catholic family. My cousin had to convert and he still can't live with her. Her parents won't allow it. So he has to pay $500 a month for an apartment even though she has a house with more than enough room for both of them and the wedding is in May. He almost bailed because of the family but stuck it out.

Update on the girl situation (because I know you're all dying to know, he said sarcastically).  So I'm absolutely head over heals for this girl. She's been in New Orleans with friends for the last few days and we've been texting one another non stop, seriously, from the point we wake up until she falls asleep at night.  We've both acknowledged it's pretty crazy how quickly we've connected and how it feels like we've known each other a lot longer than what we have.  I know this thread is mostly for advice, but I'm more happy than I have been in a long long time and I just really want to tell it to anyone I can right now.  Also, she's really really fucking cute. 

Good for you Sean!  In regards to the whole friend thing, one of my best friends is dating a girl that I was seeing (mind you, only for a really short time), but he had the courtesy to ask in advance if it would upset me.  They are still together, and they're awesome at being a couple; however, I have had friends that didn't have that same courtesy, and because of that, they can go eat a bag of dicks.  Just tread carefully my brotha.  

you know, if i saw it coming i would have.

our intention last night was nothing more than to just hang out.

just got late, and things happened.

neither of us expected it.

if it's going to become a relationship, i will more than likely mention something to him.

how bad would it be so have a friend visit you in jail to ask if he can have your woman?

she is coming over again tonight. sounds like she's gettin' all dolled up this time too.

i'm far more nervous now than i was last night, because i don't want her to think i'm 'expecting' more.

but if it happens, well that's just fine and dandy, too.