MAN ADVICE

my brother met his wife this way. they became best friends at work even though she had been dating another guy for 5+ years. She eventually left him and started dating my brother soon after. they are an awesome couple. kind of a sad situation for her ex, but if it's not right, it's not right.

Thats a very shitty situation because as a dude you know the guy is trying to fuck her the whole time youre dating. 

*as an insecure dude*

they might not be actively trying to get in their pants but they're probably planting seeds for the future. it's not an insecurity, i'm sure a lot of us do the same thing. if you tell that to a girl they'll just get upset and say "no he's not like that he's just a friend." little do they know...

they might not be actively trying to get in their pants but they're probably planting seeds for the future. it's not an insecurity, i'm sure a lot of us do the same thing. if you tell that to a girl they'll just get upset and say "no he's not like that he's just a friend." little do they know...

Famous last words. 

Thats a very shitty situation because as a dude you know the guy is trying to fuck her the whole time youre dating. 

my brother knew she was 'the one' the day he met her. He never hid his intentions. from the outside, it does seem like a shitty thing, and that my brother really did steal her, but if the original guy was the right guy for her, she’d still be with him... I don’t think I’m alone in that train of thought.

I know the entire time I was seeing that brion guy, I was wishing bigbruise would text me, or call me, or something.

feelings and whatever become really clear when that happens.

Is it really that hard to believe? To us gals it kind of just falls under the idea of "logic."

Also we usually aren't interested in y'alls dongs until AFTER we decide that we like you.

I mean, it's not hard to believe for me. I have many female friends, most of which I wouldn't care to be more than friends with anyway. I get the impression from a lot of the conversation around here that the dudes view girls as prospective material or nothing. I was just disagreeing with that mentality. And hoping that Ry had fun despite finding out homegirl had a man.

Exactly. Right then is usually when you can kiss your relationship goodbye. Im a dude, I know how other dudes act and I know when you're secretly trying to fuck my girl. We smell our own.

The thing that some guys need to realize is that a lot of the guys our girlfriends meet are going to want to fuck them, and there's nothing we can do about it. Who cares if she interprets that as some guy being nice to her just wanting to be friends? You can't expect her to not want to have any friends. Of course trying to confront her about your views on this will only breed animosity on both sides of the relationship.

My gf, for example, is extremely hot. I can't expect other guys not to be hitting on her on a daily basis or checking her out while we're in public. I think the point is that you have to be secure enough to trust and have faith that you're the one she wants to get into bed with at night. Any signs of jealously or trying to control the situation will be sure to drive any girl further away from the relationship, at least in my experience. It's all about confidence and, as paranoid was putting it, being secure.

i did have a good time.. and i was generally happy to just have a drink after a long and frustrating day of work. 

there is something "off" about her. i may get that impression from her talking about how much her boyfriend's mom texts her. and i like to believe she's happy with him- at least that she wants to be.

but the very brief rundown she gave me the first day that she brought it up- it sounded a whole lot like the saga of a relationship that i once endured. where it's gone on for several years with numerous breakups and family animosity.

i don't want to be "the other guy". because i fucking despise "the other guy".

that's the part of me that's never cheated. because how can i hold any pride in that if i'm willing to participate in another's infidelities.

however.

i still have such a fucking crush on her.

i'll find any excuse to wander over to or through her department.. even if there isn't interaction. 

she has such a cute personality, and her laugh completes the package.

I get the impression from a lot of the conversation around here that the dudes view girls as prospective material or nothing. I was just disagreeing with that mentality. And hoping that Ry had fun despite finding out homegirl had a man.

I get that impression too.  It's probably this board's least attractive quality.

But I enjoy that you do not share that mentality. 

So I tried to date this girl a few years back, she was roommates with one of my best friends (who is a girl). It never took off because she was super jealous of her roommate for being so close with me and feared I just wanted to to date her to get even closer to her roommate (of whom I've never thought of sexually, she's just mega rad).

That was an uphill battle the entire time.

Still super rad friends with the one girl though...lived with her for while before she moved back to Madison after graduating.

Is there a part of you that has cheated?

"My heart has never strayed girl, but my dick may have stepped out a few times."

lol, no.

cheating, cocaine, cigarettes.. never ever.

Everyone should do whippets.

how she ended up in my parents house is not important but about a decade ago i had a girl nearly kill herself doing duster in the dining room

bitch passed out standing and nearly cracked her head open on the sharp corner of a desk as she fell

and that was the last time i let underage girls hang out with me.

Back when I was a senior in high school, dusters were a huge fad. Half my soccer team was on it.

Just what happens when you fire off one of those upside down is enough to make me never ever put that shit in my mouth.