NOFX- Self Entitled- out September 11th- Pre order NOW

I got the 180 black package today, feels really light for the 180g version (I know it sounds lame but I wanna get what I paid for).

Is there any indication on the package itself that says it's an 180g vinyl? I don't want to open it up in case I'll need to send it back for a replacement.

All I can see is a sticker saying "+MP3 This LP Includes a download card good for one free download of the album in mp3 format".

I got the 180 black package today, feels really light for the 180g version (I know it sounds lame but I wanna get what I paid for).

Is there any indication on the package itself that says it's an 180g vinyl? I don't want to open it up in case I'll need to send it back for a replacement.

All I can see is a sticker saying "+MP3 This LP Includes a download card good for one free download of the album in mp3 format".

same thing happened to me. it's definitely not 180g if it doesn't have that squareish edge. e-mailed fat twice in the past two weeks. no response.

So I'm hoping to snag the tri-color for a reasonable amount when the prices go down a bit. Seems like it's starting. But, man, that Fat exclusive is constantly going for big money. As many of those as I've seen on eBay over the past couple of weeks, if it's out of 150, than it seems like 100 people are trying to flip theirs and only fifty people kept them.

the HOFX 12" i got was free from a friend...

the first clear Decline was also free from a diff friend...and then i found one for 4 bucks at ameoba one day a few years ago...neither sold for nearly that high...first one i sold (and HOFX) when i had to liquidate 95% of my collection when i was out of work. i had like 6 records left total that i kept. almost complete fat color collection went, before the current fad that really got prices super high though. some stuff i could barely give away goes for hella money now. that was 2004-ish.

from what i've seen about how people are totally gaga over it, i'm clearly in minority, but i really don't like the Decline at all. it's pretty much unlistenable to me. every time i go back to listen to it to see what the big deal is (just did again this past weekend), i have a hard time even making it through it. so, yea, i guess i'm a poser blasphemer. oh well. i can see how the lyrics get people hard i guess.

it didn't break my heart to let HOFX go either.

same thing happened to me. it's definitely not 180g if it doesn't have that squareish edge. e-mailed fat twice in the past two weeks. no response.

A long time ago, with my very first Fat Wreck mail order I ordered a bunch of black vinyl. I received my package with a note that they were sorry that one of them was out of stock - this was before I knew anything about the whole colored vinyl craze - but they included a replacement. It was Rise Against RPM on Red. At the time I didn't care because I did not like Rise Against, I was still pissed 88 Fingers Louie broke up. But now I am thankful.

They're good sports, give them a chance.

My HOFX Story...

1996, I had a radio show in a local radio station. With our card membership, we had 10% at a vinyl punk record store in Quebec City called "Le Sanctuaire du Punk"*. I didn't own any record and I thought they were really cool! I went there and saw HOFX. I Thought it was a Nofx record I'd never heard of (That was before the Internet). I saw on it "Drugs are Good/ We Ain't Shit", thought it was 2 ep, one on each side. I never thought that a 12" could contain only 2 songs. Bought it for 7 or 8$. I liked the song, but was dissapointed that there was only 2 on the record. I was jealous of my friend who bought The Boucing Souls "Manical Laughter". We never went back to store. Sold my HoFX before moving from Québec to Ottawa 6 years ago.

* I remember one of their flyer saying "Le Sanctuaire du Punk is getting bigger!!! 5 time more records to steal!"

I'm not a big nofx/fatreck fan boy who has to order every release early or pay a ridiculous amount off eBay. But I think I rather enjoy the first pressing have a few hundred color and the rest black, this whole subsequent pressings having a color seems like a money grab. Maybe a special release like the lagwagon box set. But now the 126" is being pressed on silver and the self entitled on magenta... Grumble grumble