PO: Quicksand - Slip LP Reissue

Are copies of this going to make it into stores? I didn't pre-order a copy and would like to support my local record store.

We had overs on the swirls. I sent them to Hot Topic. So you may be able to find them there.

In terms of other retailers they will hit stores mid October and will be the 180 Gram Red.

We had overs on the swirls. I sent them to Hot Topic. So you may be able to find them there.

In terms of other retailers they will hit stores mid October and will be the 180 Gram Red.

Ask your local stores to buy them from our new distro URP! It would be pretty cool to see these in stores since it came out when record stores were in their prime years. I love record stores, but running an online store sometimes makes me forget they even exsist anymore. Putting out albums like quicksand is a nice reminder.

No

Also anyone else notice this was mastered kinda low? It has a nice sound but I feel its not as punchy as I hoped. I have on my OG Police "Ghost In The Machine" LP and it has more punch. Maybe its me...

I don't know if my original copy is just beat to shit, but after comparing the two the reissue sounds better and a bit louder. Most noticeable on "How Soon Is Now?"

RJ/AFS started this project a long time ago. They obviously never completed it before the license was transfered to SRC. However the plates were done before we were given the license. The plates for vinyl were kept in Universals control (as with any major label license deal). I asked RJ since the mastering was done when he was supposed to do this project and he said that Walter had it remastered for vinyl at Sterling Sound. The plates were made from that master.

This may be why it was a bit confusing. We were told it was remastered but no other details than that. It took me a bit to get RJ to respond to my email about the details of the remaster.

Hope that helps!

It's ironic that RJ is immortalized in the dead wax.

• 1 month later...