Am I the only one?

Also, I've never seen this. But yes; I think it would perplex me more than it'd anger me. At least at first.

whenever I start texting someone new... whether it be a guy or girl, I judge them if they use text speak. I hate that I do it, but I do.

This is more than fair. Intellectuality [and even the presentation of it through writing and texts] is a huge deal for me.

I get annoyed when any "texting shorthand" is used. I text people just like I write, with actual words and punctuation.

Same here. It aggravates the shit out of me when people text me shorthand. My idiot brother does it all the time. Examples of his grammatical idiocy:

U = you

plis = please

people who short hand are fucking morons.

HOWEVER...

has anyone else noticed that a majority of the people they know who type in SMS are the last people youd suspect? maybe this is just a coincidence in my case, but the only offenders who come to mind are intelligent and successful people.

i can almost guarantee that if you text me "hey wut r u doing 2nite?" you are not getting a response.

people who short hand are fucking morons.

HOWEVER...

has anyone else noticed that a majority of the people they know who type in SMS are the last people youd suspect? maybe this is just a coincidence in my case, but the only offenders who come to mind are intelligent and successful people.

i can almost guarantee that if you text me "hey wut r u doing 2nite?" you are not getting a response.

I just reply with something along the lines of, English please.

I do; however, get batshit crazy when I end up sending a Stephen King length novella, only to receive "k" in return. I often have to remind people that there are more letters within the alphabet.

i had two friends who were HUGE offenders of the "k" reply. this was back when people still paid for texts (not unlimited) and i wanted to murder people