PO: Red City Radio - To the Sons & Daughters of Woody Guthrie Repress

I dunno. You could tell Thomas was going out of his way to tell everyone how sporadic the color schemes were. I think since he's taken the helm of the PR ship, he's definitely made a point to lay things out as blatantly obvious as possible, explaining every detail as if he were telling it to five year olds. I could tell he was struggling trying to differentiate the variants, and really covering his ass at the same time, describing any outliers in the variants, what you may or may not expect to see with your selection, and the release in general(and all P+P releases).

It sounds less like they ordered a handful of set color variations, and more like 500 random mix, but tried to break them up for jabronis like us.

Good on Thomas for being honest about the colors I guess. They describe the blue green as being "pretty self explanatory" which after looking at the color, I'd have to disagree. The whole thing seems like they threw this together as quickly and cheaply as possible to make a quick buck. Clear "jacket", no center labels and the "postcard" insert is basically the same thing labels throw in free advertising their upcoming releases.

It really doesn't surprise me that P+P would do this but I just think other labels would be embarrassed to even think of putting something like this out.

I did have a pretty hard time convincing myself that the copy I received was 'blue & green' just because there was technically said colors. But I kinda knew what I was getting myself into. That said, I got what I ordered, and I can't really complain. Still a great ep.

Not trying to pile on but I have an honest question/assesment. Does anyone remember when P+P used to make a big deal and prided themselves on deluxe/custom packaging? I feel like for a label that used to be all about that all of a sudden is about clear PVC jackets with no center labels because its simple. Its really weird with this release because these already had cover art and center labels.. Big 180 if you ask me. What gives?

• 4 weeks later...

Just from the pic of the blue/green and what people have said. when i do finally get mine whenever the flatfoot 56 records show up i think i will be selling it and keeping my 1st press white one. unless by some weird happenstance mine looks amazing.

and wasn't there only like /38 of this color mix? seems like a lot of folks ordered the blue/green.

I dunno. You could tell Thomas was going out of his way to tell everyone how sporadic the color schemes were. I think since he's taken the helm of the PR ship, he's definitely made a point to lay things out as blatantly obvious as possible, explaining every detail as if he were telling it to five year olds. I could tell he was struggling trying to differentiate the variants, and really covering his ass at the same time, describing any outliers in the variants, what you may or may not expect to see with your selection, and the release in general(and all P+P releases).

It sounds less like they ordered a handful of set color variations, and more like 500 random mix, but tried to break them up for jabronis like us.

Seems like they got a ton of random colors and decided to chunk it up as much as they could to make it collectible/sell faster. The label's the jabroni.

Not trying to pile on but I have an honest question/assesment. Does anyone remember when P+P used to make a big deal and prided themselves on deluxe/custom packaging? I feel like for a label that used to be all about that all of a sudden is about clear PVC jackets with no center labels because its simple. Its really weird with this release because these already had cover art and center labels.. Big 180 if you ask me. What gives?

I like the aesthetics of this release. I wouldn't want to be able to see a center label through the disc when looking at the artwork side. And if there's no proper sleeve, I'd rather have a small insert than a full size one that's obscuring the disc. But that's just me.

I do agree that the breakdown of colors was a bit exaggerated and the full disclosure about some of them came a little late.

But my biggest gripe is that I made two separate orders and they combined them and kept the extra shipping. Par for the course with these guys, I guess. Someday I'll learn.

• 3 months later...