CONVERGE - All We Love We Leave Behind

That Sundowning print is gorgeous.  I have a feeling that it'll be long gone before I can swing the $150 for it.

id have bought the shit out of it if it were a silkscreen. not that i have anything against giclees, just not really in the market for a $150 print these days. great art, great album though.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm going to guess he picked it up after getting the blue Jane Doe repressing.

Negatory. Jane Doe was my introduction to the band, but like 3ish years ago. After that, people recommended ATF. But I just couldn't get used to the newer sound. So I stopped bothering for awhile, then I listened to this on a whim. 

That's fair enough.  I'm glad you're enjoying it.  I would expect the opposite, really: ATF and AWLWLB seem like they'd treat new listeners better than something like JD.  Goes to show you can never assume.

Yeah, makes me want that hardcover booklet now too... 

But the first time I heard Concubine/Fault and Fracture was just insane. 

• 3 months later...
Oh yes it was. 

I'm also going through the Converge discography tonight and seemed fitting to re-visit this. 

I went back and randomly reread the JD repress thread not too long ago.  Reliving those moments of excitement, confusion, and speculation are always a blast.  Nothing like a Converge thread from start to finish.

I wasn't a part of VC, sadly, when Axe To Fall went down, though.

I can't be arsed to read the entire thread, but seems like a lot of people prefer ATF? 

You Fail Me has been my favorite album. Dat title track... and the rest of the album. It's what first got me hooked on Converge. I actually didn't get into Jane Doe until a few years after first listening to Converge; the album took a while to grow on me for some reason. 

I'd vote: 

You Fail Me > All We Love We Leave Behind > Jane Doe > No Heroes > When Forever Comes Crashing > Axe to Fall > Petitioning the Empty Sky

But they're all fucking good. 

• 3 weeks later...