CONVERGE - All We Love We Leave Behind

I enjoy it more than Axe to Fall. ATF is really the only Converge record I don't revisit that often. Title track off of AWLWLB still slays so hard. That riff just doesn't get old.

When ranking Converge albums am I allowed to count Petitioning the Empty Sky and When Forever Comes Crashing as one album because of the Petitioning Forever pressing?

ATF is how I was introduced to Converge and it remains my favorite, I listened to that album a ton before I went and explored the back catalog and by that point it was too ingrained in the brain to get supplanted as my favorite. If you went around and asked all my friends that listen to these guys what their favorite LP is everyone would give you a different answer, much like what's happening right now in this thread and I think that there is no better testament to how awesome this band is.

ATF is how I was introduced to Converge and it remains my favorite, I listened to that album a ton before I went and explored the back catalog and by that point it was too ingrained in the brain to get supplanted as my favorite. If you went around and asked all my friends that listen to these guys what their favorite LP is everyone would give you a different answer, much like what's happening right now in this thread and I think that there is no better testament to how awesome this band is.

I've found that the first record I hear from a band tends to be my favorite. Holds true for me with just about any band. Even if I think one album may actually be a "better" album for whatever reason (songwriting, band evolution, production, etc.), I most enjoy the one I heard first. Not trying to say AWLWLB is better than ATF or anything, but I'm not surprised that your favorite Converge record is the one you've heard first, especially given how consistently great their records are.

When ranking Converge albums am I allowed to count Petitioning the Empty Sky and When Forever Comes Crashing as one album because of the Petitioning Forever pressing?

I think they're two separate albums and would rank them separately, it's entirely up to you though. Unloved and Weeded Out isn't an album technically, but I don't see any reason why that can't be ranked as a favorite.

Here is how it ranks out for me.

1. Axe To Fall

2. AWLWLB

3. You Fail Me

4. Jane Doe

5. Unloved And Weeded Out

6. The Poacher Diaries

7. No Heroes

8. Deeper The Wound

9. When Forever Comes Crashing

10. Caring And Killing

11. Petitioning The Empty Sky

12. Pretty much anything by any other band.

I as well still spin this pretty regularly, its too hard to rank favorites of theirs tho

One thing is for sure this band has stayed amazingly consistant especially for the amount of time they have been together, one of the tightest bands around they all play off of each other so well

This album wasn't that good. Two great songs and a lot of filler. When Forever Comes Crashing is the bee's knees, though.

I don't agree about AWLWLB, although there's a few songs I don't rate that much (vicious muse, sparrows fall to name a couple), but WFCC is an absolutely insane album, ridiculously good.

With AWLWLB I have just one problem that I don't have with any other Converge records; the track order seems off (to my ears). Maybe because the couple songs on the record were so familiar to begin with. Would be interesting to see what kind of orders the band played with as I do recall reading they did have several options. I prefer to start with Precipe and then roll from there.

I don't agree about AWLWLB, although there's a few songs I don't rate that much (vicious muse, sparrows fall to name a couple),

Sparrow's Fall grew to be my album favourite even when after first listens it was one of the more "meh" tracks on the record. After just reading all the lyrics for all the songs SF suddenly stood out much more. Now I wish it could make it to Converge's set one day.

Here is my list. Although Petitioning the Empty Sky is not in my top 5 it does hold a special place in my heart. Right after it was released my love affair began.

1. Jane Doe

2. You Fail Me

3. Axe To Fall

4. No Heroes

5. All We Love We Leave Behind

6. Petitioning The Empty Sky

7. When Forever Comes Crashing

8. The Poachers Diaries

9. Unloved and Weeded Out

10. Deeper the Wound

11. Caring and Killing