CONVERGE - All We Love We Leave Behind

Not that they'd genuinely do that... but if they did, they should post a sign above their C selection, informing all customers that no rare AWLWLB variant is to be found.  Picture it, if you can: an entire flock of lurching, neck-bearded mouth breathers... discretely slicing open Armageddon's entire stock of Converge vinyl, feverishly extracting and checking all the sleeves for a glimpse of sweet, sweet clear vinyl.

your avatar and sig, glorious, I cannot wait for new Deafheaven.  

your avatar and sig, glorious, I cannot wait for new Deafheaven.

Hey, thanks. It sounds like we're both expecting great things from Sunbather.

On topic: like pretty much any Converge album, AWLWLB is still sitting well with me. Highly enjoyable from start to finish, even after months of revisiting. I hope others have been able to appreciate it as much as I have.

Hey, thanks. It sounds like we're both expecting great things from Sunbather.

On topic: like pretty much any Converge album, AWLWLB is still sitting well with me. Highly enjoyable from start to finish, even after months of revisiting. I hope others have been able to appreciate it as much as I have.

totally, I'm pretty sure Sunbather is going to be a top 5 album for me

and AWLWLB is still in constant rotation for me on my table as well as in my car.  I think I wrote this in my album preview that I wrote in the summer but I remembering saying it was their best since Jane Doe and I think that has been proven to be true haha

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Now that we've had about a year with this record, I will say that it is #2 behind Axe To Fall for me. It's still in my top 5 of all time, and I think it's a masterpiece. I just find myself listening to ATF more frequently. I think that "Dark Horse," "Cutter," "Effigy," and the two collaboration tracks just really set that album over the edge.

Funny. I haven't been able to find the drive to listen to this album more than the 2 or 3 times that I have since I got it. I can't really formulate an opinion on it. I'll probably try to spin it a few more times soon.

Out of all the Converge albums that I have(most not all though) this is my favorite. Seems like a lot of people favor Axe To Fall or Jane Doe, but this one is the most fully developed and contains all the best parts of all of their albums that I have heard. It did take me a bunch of listens to fully make me realize how damn great this record is. If any of you don't have this yet, order it with the next preorder and you will be happy.

Jane Doe, All We Love, and ATF all tied as first

This is closer to my sentiments.  I love them all for separate reasons... No Heroes and You Fail Me not withstanding.  Trying to rank them is almost impossible for me.  They are individually capable of scratching very specific musical itches.