Racist, sexist, homophobic, etc tweeters exposed

I doubt that these bigots will really care. I'm sure they are getting off by people being offended.

You're probably right, if they're willing to put it out there like that, they could probably care less that its on another website.

I can also see this leading to crime. Lots of threats and violent comments and/or actions.

I agree with whoever said the sentiments will still exist, even if they're not verbalized. You can't change people's actions until you change their hearts.

Exactly how I feel about the situation. Definitely made me think about what I consider tweeting before I actually do it even though 99% of the time it wouldn't fit the criteria for the site.

Racial humor isn't racism. The idea that making a joke about any group is in the same league as hating, oppressing, assaulting, or murdering someone based on their race, sexual preference, or nationality is gross and offensive to the people and their loved ones who have experienced it in its true form.

i think we can all agree that racially charged jokes are, for the most part, harmless. chances are, its going to be a bad joke, and weve all probably heard it before. but then theres still the chance of some hilarious stuff popping up. (see chapelle's race draft)

its when theres no punch line... no intention of turning a phrase. when its just a moron not realizing how fucking stupid they are when they fail to consider even the slightest difference in culture. i saw a lot of people on that site asian-bashing. and its the simple fact that our cultures are extremely different, and white folks love getting up in arms when someone comes to our country and doesnt immediately adapt to MERICA.

the area i live in has an enormous puerto rican population (the largest outside of PR). they get a lot of shit around here, because most are on welfare, never bothered to learn english, and just kind of ignore the fact that they are in american and not puerto rico anymore. people who fit that description, well they kind of deserve the heat. one city has pretty much bent over backwards to keep this population alive.

the difference here, is that generations of families have lived here, but like i said- they have no consideration for america. they are puerto rican all the way through, and its stubborn.

but then the same heat is directed at an asian girl who goes abroad to study in america. because some asshole in a backwards hat cant stand the fact that shes walking across camping all "ching chong ding dong" on her cell phone.

This site literally makes me choke on my dip. I don't honestly know what's funnier, the Tweets highlighter or the person who host a site based on being butt hurt on the internet.

I made a comment stating that Dinosaurs became extinct because they all became gay. Got my fingers crossed I'll make it on here now!

Free speech protects assholes and bigots too (to a point. I didn't see anyone on there trying to rally for a lynching). Just inappropriate jokes that would make me unfollow.

Your understanding of the First Amendment is poor, at best. "Free speech" means the government can't restrict speech, it doesn't mean that people don't deserve to get called out / questioned for what they say.

Best thing to do with racists is just refuse to acknowledge their stupid thoughts (provided they don't cross the line from bigot to criminal).

Disagree. Being forced to publicly defend their bigotry is a great tool to deal with bigots.

I'm extremely racist and sexist online for the simple fact that is pisses of the over sensitive type of idiots. Yes I find it funny but I've always had a dark sense of humor

This kind of BS is really unproductive. "Online" is just as real as anywhere else. If you are comfortable saying racist shit and think it's funny, you are a racist. The last thing the world needs is people "pretending" to be racist. If you want to piss off idiots, do some heavy reading, then head on over the Stormfront board and argue with them.

Racial humor isn't racism. The idea that making a joke about any group is in the same league as hating, oppressing, assaulting, or murdering someone based on their race, sexual preference, or nationality is gross and offensive to the people and their loved ones who have experienced it in its true form.

Yes, they are both different expressions of "racism." Who says racism is only those things you listed? Nice of you to think you can speak to what victims of racism can be offended by.

i think we can all agree that racially charged jokes are, for the most part, harmless. chances are, its going to be a bad joke, and weve all probably heard it before. but then theres still the chance of some hilarious stuff popping up. (see chapelle's race draft)

No, we cannot agree on that. Racist jokes are part of an oppressive racist culture that we live in. They are not harmless.

the area i live in has an enormous puerto rican population (the largest outside of PR). they get a lot of shit around here, because most are on welfare, never bothered to learn english, and just kind of ignore the fact that they are in american and not puerto rico anymore. people who fit that description, well they kind of deserve the heat. one city has pretty much bent over backwards to keep this population alive.

the difference here, is that generations of families have lived here, but like i said- they have no consideration for america. they are puerto rican all the way through, and its stubborn.

but then the same heat is directed at an asian girl who goes abroad to study in america. because some asshole in a backwards hat cant stand the fact that shes walking across camping all "ching chong ding dong" on her cell phone.

Oof. So the "heat" directed at the Puerto Ricans is justified? Also, please back up your BS statements with statistics. Otherwise, I am going to assume they are invalid and simply BS racism.

That's interesting, I tend to assume people who are overly sensitive to racism are the ones with the prejudices they don't like to admit. I guess I could see it both ways.

Oh yeah? Like above, please back up this "assumption" with some sort of study.

That's interesting, I tend to assume people who are overly sensitive to racism are the ones with the prejudices they don't like to admit. I guess I could see it both ways.

This is probably the dumbest thing in this whole thread. So what is being "overly sensitive to racism"? Is it calling out bigoted speech, like the site in the OP? And how can we work toward a culture with less hatred and discrimination if people aren't somewhat sensitive about it?

The "anti-PC" mindset is such a cancer, being intentionally ignorant for the sake of being shocking or provocative is a waste of everyone's time, and most times it's impossible to tell who's making nigger/faggot/spic jokes to be "funny" and who legitimately has a deep seated resentment towards niggers/faggots/spics.

what statistics do you want?

i'm not saying they deserve the heat at all, but when a historically irish-catholic city gets split down the middle as irish-catholic and PR, it's not hard to understand how it happens.

This is probably the dumbest thing in this whole thread. So what is being "overly sensitive to racism"? Is it calling out bigoted speech, like the site in the OP? And how can we work toward a culture with less hatred and discrimination if people aren't somewhat sensitive about it?

The "anti-PC" mindset is such a cancer, being intentionally ignorant for the sake of being shocking or provocative is a waste of everyone's time, and most times it's impossible to tell who's making nigger/faggot/spic jokes to be "funny" and who legitimately has a deep seated resentment towards niggers/faggots/spics.

i may run myself out of town with this one, but i will stand up and say i have resentment for niggers spics and faggots.

i have absolutely no ill-will towards people of color, homosexuals, or hispanics.

but when your entire identity is fitting a stereotype to the T, you're doing yourself, your community/culture, and the racists a disservice.

what statistics do you want?

Something showing that "most" of the Puerto Ricans in the area that you live in are on welfare. Something showing that "most" of the Puerto Ricans in the area that you live in never bothered to learn English. Something showing that "most" of the Puerto Ricans in the area that you live in "ignore the fact that they are in american." Something showing that your city "has bent over backwards" to keep that population alive.

Without anything to back this up, your post it just racist ranting.

i may run myself out of town with this one, but i will stand up and say i have resentment for niggers spics and faggots.

i have absolutely no ill-will towards people of color, homosexuals, or hispanics.

but when your entire identity is fitting a stereotype to the T, you're doing yourself, your community/culture, and the racists a disservice.

Oh never mind, it is just racist ranting.

i dont think that information is exactly hosted any where that i could provide.

i can say that holyoke, the city in question, has a poverty level at 3x the national average. and based on my 26 years of experience, i can confidently say that a majority of that is hispanic.

i can say that a majority of the hispanic contacts in the city of holyoke that i call for work do not speak english.

i can say that the difference in culture divided by 2 blocks is astounding. im sure youre going to take this as me saying that the whites are good and the hispanics are bad, because thats just going to be your perception of my debate here. but it truly is new puerto rico here, and western massachusetts over there.