PO Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine

Guest rotatethissonicboo

Amazon Uk is amazing! Thank you.

Last week I got Neil Young Psychedelic Pill 3 vinyl set for 18pounds! Price has since changed back to 75pounds (!) and my order is still good. Lovin it.

this album taught me to hate the government at a very young age, and i will always thank them for that.

i'm interested in this reissue, but i agree that any remastering/tampering with the original masters would be a bad idea, unless they maybe turned up the bass a little, or made it stand out a little more.

I was going to make this thread last week when I got an email from elusivedisc.com about a Sony repress of s/t.

Here's the LP listed on their site:

http://www.elusivedisc.com/RAGE-AGAINST-THE-MACHINE-RAGE-AGAINST-THE-MACHINE-180g-LP/productinfo/SONLP47045/

Note: "180g Vinyl Mastered From Original Flat 1/2" Master Tapes!"

I just got an original sealed sometime last year and its awesome. I might look into getting this one though.

If anyone is looking for the stuff I already got it except for the dvds. One is the original demo album they made for the first album, one is their first concert they ever played, one is a concert from around the same time, and then a more recent show from 2010. Its all pretty widely accessible bootlegs that fans have had for years. It would be cool to see if the demo was remastered, but Im not holding my breath on that one. The first concert one though is pretty good sounding and a great listen.

I don't have this LP, but I don't think I'd go for anything but a first pressing. Robert Ludwig claims it is his favorite thing he's ever mastered. And if you've ever heard any of his work, you can imagine exactly how amazing something like RATM would sound with his signature touch.

With that said, it is nice that they are going back to the OG tapes for the remastering. I applaud them for that. I imagine they'll get someone like Chris Bellman or Bernie Grundman to do the mastering this time around, but if they got Ludwig to reprise his role... Wow. That would be unbelievably amazing.

If anyone is looking for the stuff I already got it except for the dvds. One is the original demo album they made for the first album, one is their first concert they ever played, one is a concert from around the same time, and then a more recent show from 2010. Its all pretty widely accessible bootlegs that fans have had for years. It would be cool to see if the demo was remastered, but Im not holding my breath on that one. The first concert one though is pretty good sounding and a great listen.

Is this the first concert from the set?: