PO Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine

oh really? when i view my order history it still lists the price i paid for it and the format now says audio cd.

I mean they removed the price from the item page, not from my order. That still shows what I paid. And it's said "Format: Audio CD" the whole time. If you look at the US box set, it says the same thing. I'd guess it's just a default for these multi-format box sets.

I mean they removed the price from the item page, not from my order. That still shows what I paid. And it's said "Format: Audio CD" the whole time. If you look at the US box set, it says the same thing. I'd guess it's just a default for these multi-format box sets.

Thanks for clarifying that. Then at the moment I still have hope this is gonna happen!

I was going to make this thread last week when I got an email from elusivedisc.com about a Sony repress of s/t.

Here's the LP listed on their site:

http://www.elusivedi...nfo/SONLP47045/

Note: "180g Vinyl Mastered From Original Flat 1/2" Master Tapes!"

I just got an original sealed sometime last year and its awesome. I might look into getting this one though.

so we're assuming this is the same as what amazon is selling, correct? i def want this version and will order from elusive for more cheddar if i gotta.

so we're assuming this is the same as what amazon is selling, correct? i def want this version and will order from elusive for more cheddar if i gotta.

Read closer: Mastered by Vlado Meller at Masterdisk, NYC from the original flat ½" master tapes. Hi res 96/24 files were used to cut the lacquers.

http://www.amazon.com/Rage-Against-Machine-Anniversary-Edition/dp/B009G7ZYUO/ref=ntt_mus_ep_dpi_6

The deluxe from Amazon one has said that the format is Audio CD as well. Back when it was up, I was comparing the format and details with this one and the one up at Amazon.Uk and they were definitely the same product. Sucks that it's down now, but hope we get it!

Does this mean it's not going to sound good? Noob here.

I was going to purchase this but not if the quality isn't there. $20 w/ Amazon Prime shipping is just too good to give up.

It will still sound good. 96/24 is high resolution. Many LPs you buy now are cut from the same or similar digital resolution as a cd

Read closer: Mastered by Vlado Meller at Masterdisk, NYC from the original flat ½" master tapes. Hi res 96/24 files were used to cut the lacquers.

I think maybe my question was misunderstood - i'm asking if amazon is selling for $20 the same version of this LP that elusive is selling for $25. I'm assuming there aren't two different versions of this reissue, but I just wanted to sort of make sure.

It will still sound good. 96/24 is high resolution. Many LPs you buy now are cut from the same or similar digital resolution as a cd

Yea, we should be happy it's not cut at 44.1/16 bit resolution, which is what CD is. I'd say most LP's nowadays are cut at that resolution. 96/24 is usually advertised as audiophile or they at least make a note of it as they did here. I'm not sure how it goes but I don't think many are cut from the actual tape anymore, though I could be totally off.

Did they have the box set picture up before or did they just add that? Makes me a little bit more optimistic.

http://www.amazon.co...50671303&sr=1-4

Definitely added it. I think it might have been there when everyone ordered it, but ever since they took it down, the only picture was the album cover.

Also looks like they added a product description (unless I didn't notice it before) which says:

This is the 2 CD/2 DVD/180 gsm LP 20th Anniversary Deluxe Box Set Edition with 12” Lift-off Box.

We're writing to let you know that the price for the following item was

displayed incorrectly when you placed your order:

Rage Against The Machine - XX (20th Anniversary Edition Deluxe Box Set)

[box set]

[...]

Your order has now been cancelled. If you still want to purchase this item,

please place a new order which will be charged at the correct price, when

we dispatch it to you.

As the wrong pricing came from the manufacturer they've asked us to offer

you a Gift Certificate for GBP 20.00 that you can use if you want to

re-order this box set.

Dream is over.

We're writing to let you know that the price for the following item was

displayed incorrectly when you placed your order:

Rage Against The Machine - XX (20th Anniversary Edition Deluxe Box Set)

[box set]

[...]

Your order has now been cancelled. If you still want to purchase this item,

please place a new order which will be charged at the correct price, when

we dispatch it to you.

As the wrong pricing came from the manufacturer they've asked us to offer

you a Gift Certificate for GBP 20.00 that you can use if you want to

re-order this box set.

Dream is over.

I got this as well. They do give a 20 pound gift certificate though!