VC Secret Santa (version 5.0) Final Update 02/07/2013

I got mine, and the return address wasn't the Secret Santa one so I opened it. I got a Latterman LP, Replacements - Don't Tell a Soul, Mates of State/Fighter D split, a few CDs and a t-shirt from a band called The United. My SS didn't include a note with the hints, so I don't know who they are on here, just who they are in real life.

I got mine, and the return address wasn't the Secret Santa one so I opened it. I got a Latterman LP, Replacements - Don't Tell a Soul, Mates of State/Fighter D split, a few CDs and a t-shirt from a band called The United. My SS didn't include a note with the hints, so I don't know who they are on here, just who they are in real life.

sounds like a pretty awesome package.

i wonder who it's from.

Whoever sent me mine, I got it today. At first, I was like "REALLY!? Bananarama 7"s?" Then I opened the gold. I have never listened to Socratic, but the records look pretty, and I'm pretty sure I've listened to a song or two by them in the past. I will be spinning those first thing in the morning. But let THIS be known...

Two weeks ago, on our way out of Nashville, we stopped by the East Nashville record shop to pick up a few CDs for the ride home, and we picked up that Ben Gibbard CD, and it has been in regular rotation. It was actually on my list of records to pick up in the near future. So you hit the nail WAY ON THE HEAD. Also, that Still Searching was icing on the cake. That had to have been more than the $25 recommended cap. I just want to let you know that I appreciate it.

The package I sent out cost more than the $25 recommendation as well, and it would appear that most people are spending more than that as well. Cool to see that an online community cares that much about each other.

Will post pics tomorrow. I was pumped. Best mail ever.

it's pretty awesome that you guys can afford to make an awesome gift.

my major piece that i knew they'd want cost me $20. the rest was just stuff from my collection, or free things from bands i've played with.

also, yes, pictures! all of you!

I love when i get knick knacks from people. those are some of the most awesome stuff i usually like. i too like sticking little things in. one year i had a secret santa thing with some other people and got a few dvd's, a lego usb drive, a few cds (mastodon/superchunk), a gyro-wheel, a cool portable speaker for my ipod, a chunk of 80's/early 90's MRR issues (which were my favorite), and some pop rocks and fun dip. i hope to one day get a girlfriend who can fellatiate me with mouthful of said pop rocks.

So I caved in, and decided to open my secret santa package. I love it. Came with Senses Fail's "Still Searching", Mansion's "Dig Up The Dead", Bent Life's self-titled 7", and After The Fall's "Collar City" 7". Only one I've heard is Senses Fail, but will definitely be checking out the others. No mix was included, but that's alright.

Thanks hobohunter! (Even though you didn't really give any hints as to who you are, I have my ways of finding out. Haha.)