Taylor Swift - Red

jhulud

I have no doubt that it would move if they pressed just because Swizzle is just about as big as pop stars get. I'm just saying maybe they're not really thinking about pressing vinyl because vinyl isn't on their Nashville/country minds as a format like it is for rock/punk/electronic people.

I mean like if they were thinking about it at all, they could come up with crazy expensive vinyl deluxe editions because someone would buy it. Instead, their general target market for country(/pop) audiences is CD buyers at Wal-Mart and Target, or iTunes.

From what I have seen trolling the Swift forums and just general knowledge from things I've noticed in country music today, their bread & butter is CDs, digital downloads, and merch sales (excluding any possible vinyl).

I agree that if her first two albums were pressed, Swift's rabid fanbase would snap them up like crazy. Granted, most of them would get them just to have them and not play the records. And that's OK. Do whatever you want with your records. BUT I have noticed from reading some of the posts specific to the Speak Now and RED vinyl pressings on her forums, that quite a few people do own turntables and play them. And that's cool too.

From what I have seen trolling the Swift forums and just general knowledge from things I've noticed in country music today, their bread & butter is CDs, digital downloads, and merch sales (excluding any possible vinyl).

I agree that if her first two albums were pressed, Swift's rabid fanbase would snap them up like crazy. Granted, most of them would get them just to have them and not play the records. And that's OK. Do whatever you want with your records. BUT I have noticed from reading some of the posts specific to the Speak Now and RED vinyl pressings on her forums, that quite a few people do own turntables and play them. And that's cool too.

Package it with a t shirt and one of Taylor Swifts famous leather wrap bracelets, along with a blanket or something and it would fly. Especially if sold during the Holidays.

On a side note, totally rocking my T Swift RED tour lettermans jacket today!

• 2 weeks later...

Her music is geared towards preteens and grandmothers. Don't see how a man could listen to this unless he is lying to a chick to get into her pants. To each his own I guess.

this would have worked out better if you just said that last sentence to yourself before posting your initial comment. if you don't like it, great; it's not for you and you get to listen to something you do like.

this would have worked out better if you just said that last sentence to yourself before posting your initial comment. if you don't like it, great; it's not for you and you get to listen to something you do like.

All I wanted to know is what the appeal is for buying her albums on vinyl, but some of you have made this into a bigger deal then it really is.

The appeal is she makes solid albums... she is far more than just what you hear on the radio. I can always throw on one of her albums and enjoy it all the way through. I recommend listening to Speak Now/Red on spotify and skip over the songs you've heard elsewhere (tv/radio) and see what you think. If you don't like it  that's fine, but the girl can write a damn good song.