VC - Who are you voting for in the presidential election?

VC - Who are you voting for next month?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for in the upcoming presidential election?

• Barack Obama (Democrat)
    • Mitt Romney (Republican)
    • Gary Johnson (Libertarian)
    • Jill Stein (Green)
    • Virgil Goode (Constitution)
    • Write-In
    • Not Voting

I prefer it how it was. I haven't had to be secretive about smoking since I was like 14 and had to leave my house to smoke. I don't walk around smoking and flaunting it, but I will never do that, legal or not.

"A driver with a blood test above 5 nanograms would be presumed impaired, just as drivers with 0.08 percent blood alcohol levels are now."

I guess that is cool for all the kiddies who still get fucked up from smoking, but seriously? Driving under the influence of marijuana? I know you could still get blood tested before if you are suspected of being "under the influence" but this will take it to a whole new level. Not getting arrested when you get pulled over and have weed is about the only good thing I can think of.

Yeah, I hear you about the freedom. Just the idea of the state taking their slice of the money is silly to me. I will have to see how this all works once it goes into action.

I am fortunate enough to have my "dealer" only like a two minute drive from my house. But the thought of getting pulled over in those two minutes smelling like weed freaks me out.

and it doesn't now? :)

The needle thing is the only thing that freaks me out, and the fact that they will be more willing to test. At this point in my life, no, I'm not too worried of just being pulled over.

Quick question. I'm not sure how this works because I am Canadian.

The vote on the ballot to legalize weed in these states. Does it mean that it now HAS to become law? Or does it mean that the people want it and now there must be some sort of law proposed by the state to account for the vote?

I just can't see anywhere in the United States being the first place to legalize marijuana. The country basically threatened to shut down the border in about 2005 here when the push here was made for legalization and looked like it was going to pass.