VC - Who are you voting for in the presidential election?

VC - Who are you voting for next month?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for in the upcoming presidential election?

• Barack Obama (Democrat)
    • Mitt Romney (Republican)
    • Gary Johnson (Libertarian)
    • Jill Stein (Green)
    • Virgil Goode (Constitution)
    • Write-In
    • Not Voting

would love to know why someone would vote for mittens and not get "because barack has been terrible" and actually get issues that mittens stands for as justification for their vote of support. so far, everyone I know voting for mittens is doing so because they dont like obama or what he's done, and not told me what mittens supports that they're voting for.

I would much, much, much rather people follow this mentality. Nothing infuriates me more than people who know nothing, yet view it is there duty to vote by basically flipping a coin. Worse yet is people who vote by who has the best commercials. Even worse yet are people who vote for the guy who seems the most personable.

I don't believe in casting uneducated or biased votes. Therefore, I exercise my right to not vote.

I am voting Rocky Anderson of the Justice Party. If you have a few minutes stop by his website and see what he's about. http://www.voterocky.org/

I don't believe in casting uneducated or biased votes. Therefore, I exercise my right to not vote.

That's why you should get educated. This shit matters. Have student loans, this election will factor into how much you'll have to pay. Plan on going to the doctor any time, again it matters. Being uneducated about it is not an excuse, because you can easily remedy that. Apathy is what's killing this country.

I never understood this logic. Is it really that hard for people to spend an hour or two researching candidates? I feel like there is literally no reason not to vote, especially now when you can look up every candidate's position about everything instantly.

(This isn't directed AT you, by the way... people can/should do whatever they want. I just don't know why being uneducated is a valid reason not to vote. Especially when this election in particular actually WILL have a direct effect on your life)

If you are referring to emotional apathy I would agree with you. Political apathy not so much.

Really just apathy in general. We are apathetic about our education and look where that got us, we rank crazy low in nearly every metric for education when we used to be near the top. Political apathy is a problem too, because I see my little brothers friends say "I don't care about politics, it doesn't matter" but in actual fact this election will have a huge impact on their quality of life later on. We need to start caring about things again, because that's how change and progress is made, rather than just stagnation and decay.

if you don't plan on voting, at least vote for the green party candidate. they certainly won't win, but if enough apathetic voters vote for them, they could make it into the debates next time (right? isn't there a rule that if 15% of the nation votes for a party, then they get to be in the debates?)

oh, and if you vote for a third party (or don't vote at all), please don't play the "well, I didn't vote for him" card. it's fine if you don't like obama, but those of us who voted for him in 2008 saved you from 4 years of mccain and palin, and you can't seriously think that we would have been better off with them.