VC - Who are you voting for in the presidential election?

VC - Who are you voting for next month?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for in the upcoming presidential election?

• Barack Obama (Democrat)
    • Mitt Romney (Republican)
    • Gary Johnson (Libertarian)
    • Jill Stein (Green)
    • Virgil Goode (Constitution)
    • Write-In
    • Not Voting

Wanted to vote for Jill as well, she was not on the VT ballot so I just threw in for Barack.

One fun ballot measure tonight in CO, they are voting the legalize marijuana. Interesting to see how that turns out.

i hope you gave that a big fat YES.

also, gay marriage wasn't on my ballot at all.

in PA it is not legal to require ID for people to vote, but it is not illegal to ask for ID.... that being said...

I was asked, i said thats okay i dont need too, they then asked me for my address, i told them I think it was xxxxxxx they said that wasnt what they had, could they see my ID, i told them no, it was probably yyyyyyyyy, they then just stared at me and asked for my ID, which I told them it was yet a different address, so what was the point of seeing it if it was to "verify my address". then someone next to this old lady just told her to let me go. i voted.

in PA it is not legal to require ID for people to vote, but it is not illegal to ask for ID.... that being said...

I was asked, i said thats okay i dont need too, they then asked me for my address, i told them I think it was xxxxxxx they said that wasnt what they had, could they see my ID, i told them no, it was probably yyyyyyyyy, they then just stared at me and asked for my ID, which I told them it was yet a different address, so what was the point of seeing it if it was to "verify my address". then someone next to this old lady just told her to let me go. i voted.

Around here you can show it, but they don't ask for it. They do ask for your address if you don't know what district you live in so you go in the right line. I know I'm in district 9 so I just walked to that table to sign the book and get my ballot and do my thang.

Regardless. one or the other is in charge for the next 4 years.

We live in America. We signed up for this.

I am SUPER HOT DAMN HOPING THAT OBAMA WINS.

If he doesn't, then there is one of two options:

1) Wait for another 4 years to pass

2) Move out of the country

I voted so I get to bitch, but I also did my part.

Here's hoping for what the majority on these boards are hoping for (which is an Obama win).

Hopefully we'll be joyous in 2013-2016

Anyone else nervous as hell?

this reminds me of watching soccer: there's a lot of talking for a long time, but important/exciting things only happen every 30 minutes.

to answer your question (and switch to a basketball/football analogy, because this is AMERICA, damnit!), I feel like we've got a decent lead after the first quarter, but I won't be comfortable until we've at least got a good lead at halftime.

Took a vacation day to watch the election coverage. Watching the BBC coverage, sad that I have to go out of country to get quality middle of the road election coverage. (But that is neither here nor there)

I'm confident Obama will win, not that I voted for him, but he is the better of the two main party candidates. In Wisconsin I had to write in Rocky Anderson on my ballot. Jill Stein shares most of Rocky's ideology I just think Rocky is much more poised and qualified candidate. When talking about politics with friends I know that if I send people to watch a Rocky interview he's going to come across polished, poised and intelligent. Jill Stein just isn't a politician and doesn't have the politicians charisma.

congrats on MA and legalizing medical maryjane

colorado, oregon and washington have provisions to legalize the recreational use of pot, selling it like alchohol in limited amounts and tax it. federal government and law would override the state vote on the ballot, but it'll create an interesting battle between the dept of justice and the states

congrats on MA and legalizing medical maryjane

colorado, oregon and washington have provisions to legalize the recreational use of pot, selling it like alchohol in limited amounts and tax it. federal government and law would override the state vote on the ballot, but it'll create an interesting battle between the dept of justice and the states

YES!

f421bb0c71539828515de4e.gif

YES!

f421bb0c71539828515de4e.gif

YES!