Frankenstorm™

Pittsburgh played it safe by having every school cancelled. turned out to be unnecessary, but its better to be safe than sorry. we just got rain and some wind, I dont think it was all that bad here... we apparently were right between some pretty rough rain/wind to the NE of the city/county, and some insane snow/sleet to the SE/SW from us. Pittsburgh has to have one of the weirdest microclimates

Pittsburgh played it safe by having every school cancelled. turned out to be unnecessary, but its better to be safe than sorry. we just got rain and some wind, I dont think it was all that bad here... we apparently were right between some pretty rough rain/wind to the NE of the city/county, and some insane snow/sleet to the SE/SW from us. Pittsburgh has to have one of the weirdest microclimates

yeah, everything was closed here yesterday, and we really got nothing more than some strong-ish winds, and *some* rain.

wasnt to bad by me. have a bunch of trees down and ive got no internet/cable but my power is still on. my phone wont even work by my house. but i found a 7-11 thats open and i can use my phone there. pointless drive to work today since we were closed. i guess my phone not working was the reason i didnt know. now im off to see if the bars open...

My college is still closed, and my particular site got flooded. This is going to be a fun clean up. Surprisingly someone was holding two packages for me on the second floor (which the water didn't get to thankfully) and got two orders. Also Coney Island looks awful. People were filling up water buckets from fire hydrants and cars were washed out everywhere. Its bad, but not Jersey Shore or Staten Island bad. Also anyone not aware Breezy Point in Queens had a major fire that burnt down 110+ homes on top of the flooding.

Headline Records in CA is have a fundraiser for the Red Cross to help with the Hurricane. Never really hear anything about them on this site so just wanted to pass it on. Nov 2nd to Nov 4th they are donating a portion of proceeds to the Red Cross for disaster relief. They do it after most major disasters. 20% of instore sales is donated and 10% of online sales are donated. There a real cool store, I order from there once in a while so check it out.

http://www.headlinerecords.com/

My college is still closed, and my particular site got flooded. This is going to be a fun clean up. Surprisingly someone was holding two packages for me on the second floor (which the water didn't get to thankfully) and got two orders. Also Coney Island looks awful. People were filling up water buckets from fire hydrants and cars were washed out everywhere. Its bad, but not Jersey Shore or Staten Island bad. Also anyone not aware Breezy Point in Queens had a major fire that burnt down 110+ homes on top of the flooding.

I think thats the scariest part of all this, the breezy point issue... unreal how much just got wiped out.

I think thats the scariest part of all this, the breezy point issue... unreal how much just got wiped out.

Fortunately a lot of people did evacuate that area because it is a tiny peninsula of Queens, so it was more property loss than loss of life (which still sucks.) People on Staten Island, NY however were more skeptical and a lot of people didn't evacuate low lying areas. Half the death toll in NYC are from those flooded areas. Most people in that had cars to evacuate in but chose not to. Cruel reality.