Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

I paypaled about $85 to matphilly for some records. After a week I asked if they were sent out and he gave me the excuse that he didn't have a car and the post office was two miles away so he was waiting for more orders. It took this dude oever 3 weeks to go the post office. I guess they don't have buses were he lives? I did finally get the records, but it wasn't worth the stress. I will never "gift" anyone money again until we've had a couple transactions.

If sellers can't ship the package within a week, then don't put your shit up for sale. Life can sometimes get in the way, but if someone pays you money in good faith, don't be a dick. End of rant.

Ebay User lambforthree = musicinveins11

Has a different name but im sure its him. I'll post the address/phone# because the dudes been such a douche to everyone.

doron taylor

266 bonnlyn dr

orange park, FL 32073-4302

United States

(904) 523-1234

Ha. LambForThree never paid for the 7" he won from me on ebay. Thanks. He'll go under my douche list.

I paypaled about $85 to matphilly for some records. After a week I asked if they were sent out and he gave me the excuse that he didn't have a car and the post office was two miles away so he was waiting for more orders. It took this dude oever 3 weeks to go the post office. I guess they don't have buses were he lives? I did finally get the records, but it wasn't worth the stress. I will never "gift" anyone money again until we've had a couple transactions.

If sellers can't ship the package within a week, then don't put your shit up for sale. Life can sometimes get in the way, but if someone pays you money in good faith, don't be a dick. End of rant.

damn, you waited a month for your records.. fuck dude.. that's like forever... dude should feel shitty for not sending it within minutes of your payment. what was he thinkin'. ::)

Yeah DUDE, a month is a long time to wonder if you're going to get your record dude. It's not like he's a distro with many orders to deal with dude. He asked to be gifted the money dude and then straight up told me that it wasn't worth his time to go to the post office, took a month to get it. If you're okay with that then good for you dude.

Yeah DUDE, a month is a long time to wonder if you're going to get your record dude. It's not like he's a distro with many orders to deal with dude. He asked to be gifted the money dude and then straight up told me that it wasn't worth his time to go to the post office, took a month to get it. If you're okay with that then good for you dude.

obviously my facetious use of the word dude went over your head. i'll be more apt to use quick brevity and less verbiage.

if you're already questioning someone over a package delivery after a week it basically shows you're impatience. i can understand someone's plight when questioning a delivery, but not after one week. if you had ordered from any kind of record or zine distro in the 80's/90's you'd probably be a bit more patient regarding said delivery especially from a person who doesn't drive and has to take a bus.

you received your package within a month or slightly over. i don't see any reason to even post in here. you ordered and got your record, it was a complete transaction in appropriate time period. maybe you expect 1 to 2 weeks from payment to delivery, but that's not always how it works with personal sellers and buyers. and you should probably not even bother buying from people on this board (or any other) in the future. you may be disappointed more times than not and we wouldn't want you to succumb to a brain aneurysm from added stress or this long, perpetually verbose, diatribe.

well so much for less verbiage :(

[

obviously my facetious head be more apt to use quick brevity and less verbiage.

i should probably not even bother more times than not to succumb to a brain aneurysm from this long, perpetually verbose, diatribe.

well so much for less verbiage :(

Fixed. ;)

I've had some great transactions with others on the board. I did state I got the record. This person was not terrible. Just a heads up for folks. I'm also not the only one who has experienced this with this person. Anyway, back to record collecting.

one week to ship is TOTALLY reasonable for a seller to ship. don't let someone badger you over that shit. i always ship in a week or less. i work the same hours as the post office almost everyday. it's not easy, but i make it happen. i rarely sell anything unless i know it's a day i can pack it up and get it out the door ASAP. someone on discogs just changed my order to "shipped" after a week when i paid within 10 minutes of receiving the total he wanted me to pay. i'm not thrilled with it and i hope he just didn't update it until Saturday.

2 miles away, not a far walk or bus ride at all. mine is probably 2 miles away, but granted i have a car. you can always print postage off online and mail it via the mailman too. there are ways around all of this. if not, just tell the buyer "sorry, i can't make it to the PO for a while. i will let you know when it ships." and save some face.

I feel that if the buyer pays promptly, the seller should return the courtesy, and ship promptly. If you're not going to send it out in a reasonable amount of time, why put it up to sell to begin with?

this!

jayandmarie on eBay

man, i used to load up on cd's from these guys years ago. i bought so many and never had any problems. i'm sure they're slipping more in the times of the vinyl resurgence. like Scott said, they used to be pretty damn legit.

one week to ship is TOTALLY reasonable for a seller to ship. don't let someone badger you over that shit. i always ship in a week or less. i work the same hours as the post office almost everyday. it's not easy, but i make it happen. i rarely sell anything unless i know it's a day i can pack it up and get it out the door ASAP. someone on discogs just changed my order to "shipped" after a week when i paid within 10 minutes of receiving the total he wanted me to pay. i'm not thrilled with it and i hope he just didn't update it until Saturday.

2 miles away, not a far walk or bus ride at all. mine is probably 2 miles away, but granted i have a car. you can always print postage off online and mail it via the mailman too. there are ways around all of this. if not, just tell the buyer "sorry, i can't make it to the PO for a while. i will let you know when it ships." and save some face.

I feel that if the buyer pays promptly, the seller should return the courtesy, and ship promptly. If you're not going to send it out in a reasonable amount of time, why put it up to sell to begin with?

i guess that's the difference between the old and new generations of record buyers. because the way our generation handled things. take away the internet and cell phones and credit cards and there would be a generational mass suicide amongst new gen record buyers. :P

i'm just sayin' there' a different mentality with people who drive and don't drive and drivers take a whole lot for granted. non-drivers spend enough time in between places and home that their free time is valuable and do errands like people do laundry. they wait for things to adequately pile up before doing them. i am 2 to 3 miles from a bus stop, overall route is about 2 hours from home to post office back home. it sux, but it would suck more with the pressure if i had to do it every time someone bought a album. then again i let people know.

lexicon: for future ref, if you ever read messages that seem hostile and my name is attached take it in jest. i don't know any other way of explaining things other than long oral dissertations. :P i come off like a ahole. but i don't really mean it.

deafmx and irule- Thanks, yeah if he told me "I won't be able to ship for a few weeks," I would have said okay cool, let me know when you are ready and I will pay you then. Gifting a stranger that amount of money, I mean it was $86 not $20, made me just feel like he could have made a little effort for that amount.

controlthebleeding- No worries, man. I enjoy a good jest as well. Now that we "know" each other we can say all sorts of shit without bummers! Just for the record, I AM old. The internet, cells, and mp3 players weren't around when I was a youngster. Hell, I remember when we first got this new fangled cooking device called a "microwave oven". I just wish I had the money back then to buy all those Dangerhouse and Misfits releases when I used to see them in record stores! Time machine!

that's all I'm saying Mike, just let the buyer know your timeframe and schedule. communication is key with all sellers. it's easier to accept a seller saying "hey, I can only hit the post office once a week or so. is that cool?"

I just bought records in record stores back then, the Internet age just opened up my wallet and took all my money because I wanted to buy everything I liked that I wouldn't have heard of otherwise. it's give or take with how the ability to buy any record online in an easier manner has changed the game.

igotchills - says he wants something, i send him my paypal info. and never hear back from him. i send him a few pm's. he doesn't read them, but logs in everyday. i don't get it. what's so hard about saying, "i no longer want the 7 inches, but thanks."??? it's people like this that make this board suck.

igotchills - says he wants something, i send him my paypal info. and never hear back from him. i send him a few pm's. he doesn't read them, but logs in everyday. i don't get it. what's so hard about saying, "i no longer want the 7 inches, but thanks."??? it's people like this that make this board suck.
This sounds like an identical situation that I had with the user "toz4362." He said he wanted to buy my record, disappeared for a month, and then randomly showed up claiming he still wanted it and then disappeared again. Frustrating.

rxa27/Gimmememydrugs/Rick Angley is back on ebay as "duhboardwalk"

http://myworld.ebay.com/duhboardwalk/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

Beware, beware. He defrauded me out of $115 through ebay. He never sent the item. Months later, he emailed me a photo of the item to taunt me. Sick guy.

Thanks for the update.

He had an oral surgery?

And he says his name is Will in my emails

user "kingbuzzo"

Paid for a record on June 2nd, i messaged him on the 13th asking for tracking # which he said he'd provide. He got back to me on the 22nd saying he shipped it out but wrote the address down wrong so it came back to him while he was on vacation and would be re-sending it. His username is now inactive so i assume i wont be getting my record. I shot him an email but have yet to hear back. I dont think i sent as a gift so i'll be opening up a case shortly.

i guess that's the difference between the old and new generations of record buyers. because the way our generation handled things. take away the internet and cell phones and credit cards and there would be a generational mass suicide amongst new gen record buyers. :P

i'm just sayin' there' a different mentality with people who drive and don't drive and drivers take a whole lot for granted. non-drivers spend enough time in between places and home that their free time is valuable and do errands like people do laundry. they wait for things to adequately pile up before doing them. i am 2 to 3 miles from a bus stop, overall route is about 2 hours from home to post office back home. it sux, but it would suck more with the pressure if i had to do it every time someone bought a album. then again i let people know.

lexicon: for future ref, if you ever read messages that seem hostile and my name is attached take it in jest. i don't know any other way of explaining things other than long oral dissertations. :P i come off like a ahole. but i don't really mean it.

Eh, I know that was said in all fun but unfortunately you got responses like this (in a much more intimidating tone) from a good number of people.

I've been ordering both music and merch since the good (or bad) mail order days where you would wait months before ever receiving anything, and that's if you were lucky.

But in 2011 there are more than enough options and tools to prevent any such thing. Yeah he didn't have to wait an extremely long time for his item, but if you're using either eBay or Paypal or whatever it may be for a profit then you should use those things to make sure your buyer receives what they paid for in a reasonable amount of time - the same way you received your cash.

I've been waiting a few weeks for jordyedge to send me something, he barely responds to anything... and his last login was July 3rd, so I can't even get a hold of em...

wow, you've been waiting an entire week? maybe you should file a claim, thats far too long to wait for a record.

haha the douche bag inside you came out way too early on that one, if you read carefully, i wrote week(s), meaning about 3...