Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

i saw the pics the other night. was it shipped damaged or did it happen during postage?

if it happend during postage thentheres nothing for him to do, thats out of his control

It wasn't packaged well in my opinion, the tape seemed half ass.The dude is backed on this board so it might've just happened, I dont really know about the whole thing, I got one of my favorite albums and it came to me like that, the inner sleeve is wrecked now too...Im sure Eric will handle it

Lets move on and talk about swankymodes...the dude sold me everything sucks and hasnt signed on in like 3 weeks...I messaged him on AIM but he ignores me...had to track him down on facebook...still no reply.

the tape keeping the mailer shut or what? the record was sealed so what tape is supposed to be inside?

of course you should be upset but im trying to figure out what you want him to do about someone elses mistake

The way he tape up the mailer,it wasn't packaged right the edges weren't secure and the left side ended up getting crushed and also no cardboard insert was used to support the record inside.When the record came in the left side of the box was just crushed and bent this is USPS fault not Erics but it wouldn't have happened if the edges were taped and it had a solid taping around the middle of the mailer.If someone pays over 60 bucks for a record the least you can do is package it correctly.

the tape keeping the mailer shut or what? the record was sealed so what tape is supposed to be inside?

of course you should be upset but im trying to figure out what you want him to do about someone elses mistake

The way he tape up the mailer,it wasn't packaged right the edges weren't secure and the left side ended up getting crushed and also no cardboard insert was used to support the record inside.When the record came in the left side of the box was just crushed and bent this is USPS fault not Erics but it wouldn't have happened if the edges were taped and it had a solid taping around the middle of the mailer.If someone pays over 60 bucks for a record the least you can do is package it correctly.

I would be pissed too, but tape wouldn't have solved the problem. Tape bends, moves, etc...he could've taped the shit out of it and it wouldn't prevent crushing. Cardboard would've been the only thing to prevent it, and even then if it was crushed/bent bad enough by USPS that isn't always 100% protection.

I'm not doubting ur pissed dude. anyone would be

but if it was messed up in transit then tape wouldnt have changed anything.

he couldve lined it with metal and it wouldnthave made a dif

I don't see how you can say this.

im being sarcastic. obviously metal lining wouldve done the trick!

im just saying if it was taped the way he wanted it to be taped it still wouldnt have made a differance when it was dropped/throw/w.e happened to it during postage.

I guarantee it was taped perfectly. I tape all my packages the same way. Tape has NOTHING to do with a box being crushed by the Postal Service.

I understand his concern with the whole situation, being that he paid a good amount for a record that was crushed...I don't feel like it was my fault though.

if i were held liable for every package that the Postal Service bent then i'd stop with the whole record thing. It happens. no matter how much padding/cardboard/bubble wrap you use. but i dont think the seller should be held accountable unless they blatantly shipped to be damaged.

But I've gotten records from Eric and they were packed well.

If it was damaged during shipping then you can't really blame the seller. But I always tend to write "DO NOT BEND" and "FRAGILE" in huge letters all over the package so just in case it does get damaged the seller at least knows I made an extra attempt to show the post office handling the record not to fuck with it.

I guarantee it was taped perfectly. I tape all my packages the same way. Tape has NOTHING to do with a box being crushed by the Postal Service.

I understand his concern with the whole situation, being that he paid a good amount for a record that was crushed...I don't feel like it was my fault though.

Eric I'm not trying to be a dick but that was not packaged correctly at all, you did not secure the edges and did not hold the sides when taping the center, the bottom left corner was completely loose as well as without cardboard support.

Once I opened the record the inside sleeve was torn due to the record not being secure and wiggling during shipment, I would to say that the seller was kind enough to contact me about it and I hope we can come to a conclusion

also anyone else had problems with "swankymodes"? I sent him money for Everything Sucks on May 6th and promised me a DC but never got back to me after I sent him the cash, he hasn't logged in for like 2 weeks and when I messaged him on AIM he didn't reply.

I also paid for records on the 6th and have yet to hear anything. Starting to get nervous... Can anyone vouch for this dude?

shouldn't both of you be doing this through PM?

Yes he has yet to reply to my PM from last night

it's been less than 24 hours. no need to drag his name through the mud if it was an honest mistake.

i've never bought from eric nor have i ever dealt with him in any way shape or form, so i'm not defending him. i've also never dealt with you (as you know), so i'm not saying you're wrong either.

i'm just saying you should both handle this situation like adults.

a jacket in perfect conditionwould be nice but as long as the record plays then who cares! well some do. but i just looked at ur tradelist and u have a shitload of high priced stuff id want, so be happy!

Yea,Im over it the dude shipped well and talked to me about the whole thing I never considered him a bad seller.

Also some of the those records I didnt pay a lot for, if youre interested in some shoot me a PM.

SwankyModes

paid this guy for Hot Water Music's "Til The Wheels Fall Off" Tour Press on May 5th. just showed up today...June 1st. granted he hasn't signed on since the 13th of May, he still didn't respond to my P.M. inquiring about the item. e-mailed about it with no response as well. opened a PayPal dispute and still got no response, but finally got him to ship it out on the 30th of May.

Same as above sans paypal dispute. I was going to give it a month.

SwankyModes

paid this guy for Hot Water Music's "Til The Wheels Fall Off" Tour Press on May 5th. just showed up today...June 1st. granted he hasn't signed on since the 13th of May, he still didn't respond to my P.M. inquiring about the item. e-mailed about it with no response as well. opened a PayPal dispute and still got no response, but finally got him to ship it out on the 30th of May.

Same as above sans paypal dispute. I was going to give it a month.

I got my record today...it shows you need to bug the shit out of people to get what you want, the dude packed it well and its fucking mint...damn Im glad I finally have everything sucks