Terrible Traders/Buyers/Sellers

benchwarmer

I can understand the other view points about the "offer" argument.  It would be annoying to price out hundreds of records. But, there is way too many "don't ask me how much, make an offer" threads and I can't stand them. In the past, I have either been ignored or laughed at. Very few will work out a price or respond with a no thank you. 

Don't deal with 2013alois2013 on eBay.  Also known as 2012alois2012, 2010alois2010 and probably 2014alois2014 upcoming.

alois lutz
11 hester street
Little Ferry, NJ 07643

He is a scam artist.  Look at his recent feedback:

He pays for records with eCheck then after the check clears and the item has shipped, he tells the bank it was an unauthorized transaction.  The bank gets the money back from PayPal and the seller hopefully has tracking info so they can get the money in their account back.  If not, you're fucked and this guy is laughing as he plays your prized vinyl.

This is the kind of report this thread is meant for. Thanks for sharing. He is blocked on my acct.

i have been pretty successful with people sending offers then usually one counter offer and we can find a fair price overall.  

I can understand the other view points about the "offer" argument.  It would be annoying to price out hundreds of records. But, there is way too many "don't ask me how much, make an offer" threads and I can't stand them. In the past, I have either been ignored or laughed at. Very few will work out a price or respond with a no thank you. 

basically, if someone ask me for an offer, im going to be on the higher end of my ballpark and either get no reply or a no thank you.  if the buyer gives a shot first, i can usually add a couple bucks to make it fair and find common ground.

Shit like this doesn't warrant their name being dragged through the mud in a thread about thieves, con-artists and fuckheads. Don't be a dick.   

The only thing that sucks worse than time wasters is your two cents.    

If someone scams me, I open a paypal claim and get my money back.

Can't get back the time I spend hassling with someone who isn't really serious about making a deal.  Shithead..

wow, like my post read, i said the poster was NOT A HORRIBLE GUY. its just frustrating when you have a large sale thread and ask for offers and you log in to 50 messages asking "how much for blank, blank, and black"

my only gripe with him that separated him from all the others was that after asking for an offer in my thread and asking for an offer in a PM he continued to ask me for an offering price after specifying to again, shoot me an offer.

if you read what i wrote, i think 99% of the posters here would still do business with him.

me and tms talked it out. its fine. however, when someone post 250+ records, i don't want to do all the research myself for each record. if you are interested shoot an offer. i'm not looking for ebay prices, i'd just like a number so i don't have to price each record myself.

its pretty easy to be a bad trader and seller for obvious reasons. however; there is very few ways to be bad buyer and in this sense, i think its an example of being one. no problem with anyone disagreeing with me and like i said, not a terrible guy, just (from a sellers standpoint) difficult to deal with with a large lot.

Poor baby.

The point of this thread is to out CROOKS in order to protect others. I came here thinking to post some ebay guy who took my money, never sent a record (via priority mail) and didn't respond to my messages. I file a claimed. No response. I got refunded by paypal. I left neg feedback, then he complains and said he shipped the record to another country (where I used to live, but my address says US now). If he did send the record to that country, the people who live at my former residence (my in-laws) would have received it. But I'm not going to drag his name through the mud unless I'm 100% sure he's a crook. I'm 98% sure, so I'm holding out.

You posted someone's name here who annoyed you. All he wanted to know was how much you wanted for the record. I do the same thing for 2 reasons:

1. I hate price haggling

2. I'd feel bad if my offer was too low

It was out of line for you to put his name here. Don't defend it, just man up and say you misunderstood the thread and were having a bad day. Defending your post makes you sound like an ass. Nothing wrong with being wrong and there's no shame in apologizing.

The only thing that sucks worse than time wasters is your two cents.    

If someone scams me, I open a paypal claim and get my money back.

Can't get back the time I spend hassling with someone who isn't really serious about making a deal.  Shithead..

Cry me a river. You're just mad and bitter because I said you prices were ridiculous in your 'for sale' thread (which they are). Obviously 90% of this board agrees that the one dudes name shouldn't be in the 'terrible buyers' thread. I'm sure you will be following me from thread to thread to piss and moan from here on out.  

Mere coincidence.

Anyway, what is false about what I said?  It's 100% true.

He only did that because I was argumentative elsewhere.

He is a constant moaner.  That didn't bother me one bit.

Constant moaner? Nope, just call bullshit as I see it. Looks like you're the bitter moaner at this point. 

Cry me a river. You're just mad and bitter because I said you prices were ridiculous in your 'for sale' thread (which they are). Obviously 90% of this board agrees that the one dudes name shouldn't be in the 'terrible buyers' thread. I'm sure you will be following me from thread to thread to piss and moan from here on out.  

Constant moaner? Nope, just call bullshit as I see it. Looks like you're the bitter moaner at this point. 

Aww.  You posted about me here too.  So cute.

Who hates price haggling? It is half the fun of record purchasing and an essential skill for most professions.

Most of the sellers here hate price haggling. I specifically put in my sale thread to bargain with me. It seems it's common practice to not respond to an offer you don't like around here. Or laugh, or say it's a lowball. Yeah no shit it's a lowball, I'm not offering the highest price, I'm trying to get that shit for as cheap as I can.

Most of the sellers here hate price haggling. I specifically put in my sale thread to bargain with me. It seems it's common practice to not respond to an offer you don't like around here. Or laugh, or say it's a lowball. Yeah no shit it's a lowball, I'm not offering the highest price, I'm trying to get that shit for as cheap as I can.

Yeah, when I am selling I don't mind lowball offers. It gets the conversation started. The seller isn't going to lead with their bottom price and the buyer isn't opening with his highest price.

I'm not comfortable with price haggling. It's a personal issue and I think it's great that others like to do it.

I'm half buyer/half seller, so I feel for the seller and want him or her to make a good deal. But you're right, because when I try to sell the record, I'm going to try to get price I paid or higher. It will just artificially drive up record prices. So haggling is good because it keeps the prices low. 

Mybabyxsmokes has been driving me nuts. First off he had a split, and wanted $2 plus shipping. He would sell anything unless he got $10 minimum. So okay, I offer $10 for the one split since it is missing from my collection.

He comes back saying that it was sold, and I knew that Kevin! bought it. I contacted Kevin! to see if it would be alright if I could get the record. He agreed that was okay, and then it turned into a nightmare.

Mybabyxsmokes told me that he will not be selling it even though Kevin! said it is okay, and that I am making everything a pain in the ass. So from there I was just going to pay Kevin! for the record once it arrived to him. Good deal.

Then Mybabyxsmokes decided that he would refund Kevin! and refused to include it in Kevins package. At this point I was done with the transaction. Now he wants the original offer after putting me through all of this. Not going to happen. Watch out for this guy if you want any customer service at all.

Mybabyxsmokes has been driving me nuts. First off he had a split, and wanted $2 plus shipping. He would sell anything unless he got $10 minimum. So okay, I offer $10 for the one split since it is missing from my collection.

He comes back saying that it was sold, and I knew that Kevin! bought it. I contacted Kevin! to see if it would be alright if I could get the record. He agreed that was okay, and then it turned into a nightmare.

Mybabyxsmokes told me that he will not be selling it even though Kevin! said it is okay, and that I am making everything a pain in the ass. So from there I was just going to pay Kevin! for the record once it arrived to him. Good deal.

Then Mybabyxsmokes decided that he would refund Kevin! and refused to include it in Kevins package. At this point I was done with the transaction. Now he wants the original offer after putting me through all of this. Not going to happen. Watch out for this guy if you want any customer service at all.

Is there more to this story?

I bought a 7" off this dude and everything went perfectly and the customer service was great.