LCD Soundsystem - 45:33 was actually released by Nike+ Run as an album "by a runner for runners." James Murphy later admitted he did it because no one else would pay for him to put out a 45 minute piece of avant garde electronic music and that running never really entered in to the picture for him. It's still a damn fine record to run to.

They did a whole series of these I think if you like that kind of music. I know Simian Mobile Disco did one, I want to say A-Trak or Diplo or someone did one as well.

I usually just make a Spotify playlist with music at the same tempo. I'm not the biggest RATM fan but found that I really liked running to them, most everything on Evil Empire worked out well.

• 2 months later...

What kind of jams do you like when you're working out, Madie? Punk, pop, hip-hop, hardcore, some straight up 80's hair metal?

daylight - two of a kind is what my current workout playlist is built around. I threw some title fight and old taking back sunday in there also.

So I guess, fast and kind of angry.

I didn't know this thread was in this section when I bumped it. I guess I should've made a new thread in the Everything Else section? I'm not exactly looking for actual records to spin while working out haha

Right on...

This Is Your Life  - similar sound to title fight, free download so you can nab a few songs if you'd like. I'm into it.

Creative Adult - More punk sounding but very groovy. I posted a download link in the download code thread, doubt anybody grabbed it.

Brightside - Recently got into this, up beat indie stuff that may get ya dancing and punching. (looks like its a buck, was free like 3 days ago :))

Cardinal - Your average alt rock, post-punk whatever stuff. Like Daylight and such.

East Beast - Most likely not your thing at all. But its fast, angry...lots of "I do whatever the fuck I want, I do not give a fuck. Fuck you" songs.

Edit: Coming back for more.

Ages - Like Title Fight and shit. Real fast. Cleveland boys.

Ivy League - Its ok.

Rookie Town - Post Hardcore stuff I guess.

Boxer - You may have heard this, people here liked it a lot including me. But, you said old Taking Back Sunday and thats ALL I hear when I listen to this. I swear they stole a riff right from Tell All Your Friends, can't remember which song but its there.

There ya go, most of the stuff mentioned is similar to Daylight, Title Fight, and other stuff like that

Albums or bands I enjoy running outside to:

Japandroids - Celebration Rock

Weakerthans - Reunion Tour

Torche - Harmonicraft

Lanterns. - Apocalypse Youth (EP)

Sidekicks - Weight of Air

Matt & Kim - Grand

Vampire Weekend - S/T

Explosions in the Sky

Albums or bands I enjoy working out to inside:

Nomeansno - Wrong

Propagandhi - Supporting Caste