Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree 2xLP Hot Topic exclusive

travis

Yup, thats what it is, I'm a liar. I was hoping you wouldn't discover my lies. I guess my 300+ records is still not enough to notice. Maybe when I get to a thousand I'll be able to start picking up on it? I really hope that one day I can have the exquisite listening ears that you do so that I can know more about what someone else hears then they do themselves. That'll be the day...

you must have a lot of frames in your apartment :P

lol who the fuck are you? I'd say the same thing even if you wernt having your man period over this. But I'll read up your posts to catch up

The distortion, it's very noticeable. Deal with it bc its a fact. with your copy, melt it into a pocket pussy for all I care since your so in fucking love with it. I also bought a copy and I'm entitled to state FACTS. Yours are opinion, in your "opinion" it's not that bad, cool. But it is a fact you can hear the sound quality drop. Will it stay on my shelf? Yes, just like all other records I like with not great to shitty sounding quality.

Actually nm you're probably a lying piece of shit just trying to earn Travis brownie points or trolling for attention.

I stick to my original statement as well, it really doesn't sound great in the spots talked about before.

Man someone got worked up easily.

If you read my posts you would see I never said it sounded great or anything like that, just that it was not terrible. And all I have to say to you is that you're funny. I never disagreed with anyone on this site about what they felt about the sound quality. And I never thought they were wrong. You sir, are. Not about what you think it sounds like, but you're wrong in claiming what you have to say as fact. As an example let me quote someone else's post that came right before yours,

yea, i just spun mine again to see if i was just being an asshole, I stick by my original statement. especially on the first LP once you get towards the end of each side is sounds like absolute garbage. 

He said what he needed to say without claiming anyone else was wrong about their opinions. But your post said that, anyone else who thought it was good was lying. Please, show me your evidence that they or I am lying. I think you need to learn how to post what you feel without speaking for other people. You have been the only person to post anything that comes close to annoying me. Simply because of the fact that you talk as though you are above people, as if you know more then they do. You don't. By all means if you want to talk angrily about how bad your copy sounds then go right ahead, but do not act as though you know what is right or wrong when it comes to the subject. You said you are stating facts, what do you have to prove them as FACT? Nothing at all. Reread my other posts in this discussion like you said you would so that you could see that I was just saying that while I care about sound quality, it is not physically or mentally harming me to get a sub par record from time to time.

To everyone else who continued to say they thought it sounded horrible WITHOUT being an idiot about it, thank you. Seriously, I'm glad that not everyone on here wants to express their feelings about something like this guy did.

Say what you want about a record or anything else. Say that it is a complete piece of crap, say that it is useless; but if someone else takes joy in that thing, never tell them they are liars or dumb for thinking so. At what point do you think that you have the right to do so? These are exactly the type of people I hate being associated with when it comes to collecting. People who like to think they are better because they like to share and impose their unhappiness about something. 

How stupid would I sound if I said that you're lying if you say McDonalds is good because I think it sucks? It would make no sense at all. Anyway, thats all I have to say. And I know everyone on here is probably like, "Seriously, move on" But I just had to say this to this guy. It's people like him that bring any negativity to vinyl collecting.

Everyone have a good day, it's friday. Hope we all get some good records this weekend.

P.S. I love Mcdonalds. 

Man someone got worked up easily.

If you read my posts you would see I never said it sounded great or anything like that, just that it was not terrible. And all I have to say to you is that you're funny. I never disagreed with anyone on this site about what they felt about the sound quality. And I never thought they were wrong. You sir, are. Not about what you think it sounds like, but you're wrong in claiming what you have to say as fact. As an example let me quote someone else's post that came right before yours,

He said what he needed to say without claiming anyone else was wrong about their opinions. But your post said that, anyone else who thought it was good was lying. Please, show me your evidence that they or I am lying. I think you need to learn how to post what you feel without speaking for other people. You have been the only person to post anything that comes close to annoying me. Simply because of the fact that you talk as though you are above people, as if you know more then they do. You don't. By all means if you want to talk angrily about how bad your copy sounds then go right ahead, but do not act as though you know what is right or wrong when it comes to the subject. You said you are stating facts, what do you have to prove them as FACT? Nothing at all. Reread my other posts in this discussion like you said you would so that you could see that I was just saying that while I care about sound quality, it is not physically or mentally harming me to get a sub par record from time to time.

To everyone else who continued to say they thought it sounded horrible WITHOUT being an idiot about it, thank you. Seriously, I'm glad that not everyone on here wants to express their feelings about something like this guy did.

Say what you want about a record or anything else. Say that it is a complete piece of crap, say that it is useless; but if someone else takes joy in that thing, never tell them they are liars or dumb for thinking so. At what point do you think that you have the right to do so? These are exactly the type of people I hate being associated with when it comes to collecting. People who like to think they are better because they like to share and impose their unhappiness about something. 

How stupid would I sound if I said that you're lying if you say McDonalds is good because I think it sucks? It would make no sense at all. Anyway, thats all I have to say. And I know everyone on here is probably like, "Seriously, move on" But I just had to say this to this guy. It's people like him that bring any negativity to vinyl collecting.

Everyone have a good day, it's friday. Hope we all get some good records this weekend.

P.S. I love Mcdonalds. 

yea, im pretty sure that statement wasn't saying anyone was wrong...you just wasted your time.. I read the first paragraph and gave up, because your point is moot. 

ahhh, fuck it:

its not an opinion that this sounds like garbage towards the end, its an absolute fact. if you are satisfied with a severely distorted sound, thats perfectly fine. I however, am not. the beginning, although clearly sourced from the CD (or similar quality) sounds OK at best. listenable? sure, but still not great. I have a friend who is an audio engineer, and does not listen to vinyl... he was with me when I first spun this and even he said it sounds like shit. and to the untrained ear? my girlfriend who knows nothing about vinyl or anything like that made the same comment the second time i spun it when she was there.

yea, im pretty sure that statement wasn't saying anyone was wrong...you just wasted your time.. I read the first paragraph and gave up, because your point is moot. 

ahhh, fuck it:

its not an opinion that this sounds like garbage towards the end, its an absolute fact. if you are satisfied with a severely distorted sound, thats perfectly fine. I however, am not. the beginning, although clearly sourced from the CD (or similar quality) sounds OK at best. listenable? sure, but still not great. I have a friend who is an audio engineer, and does not listen to vinyl... he was with me when I first spun this and even he said it sounds like shit. and to the untrained ear? my girlfriend who knows nothing about vinyl or anything like that made the same comment the second time i spun it when she was there.

See at least you back up what you have to say! That is pretty much all I was trying to get at with what I said in that long post. You didn't just say some asshole thing and leave it at that. And you're not saying anything in a dick way (at least I don't think you are lol) . And again I agree with what you say about the sound quality only being "listenable" That is how I felt about it but apparently the other guy thinks I should feel like shit for even thinking that it was just "listenable" 

Your response to "it doesn't sound that great" even tho you now seem to agree in it

Yup, thats what it is, I'm a liar. I was hoping you wouldn't discover my lies. I guess my 300+ records is still not enough to notice. Maybe when I get to a thousand I'll be able to start picking up on it? I really hope that one day I can have the exquisite listening ears that you do so that I can know more about what someone else hears then they do themselves. That'll be the day...

And wernt you just saying once your initial boner wears off for this you'll probably be as pissed?

For the record, none of us are pissed. If we were we would've gone to our local hot topic and returned it for a full refund and never spoken of this again. Just like any other product, record or not, it's flaws will be discussed. It's not like we're pulling it out of our asses just to shit on fall out boy fans, in fact most of us bought it the day they went up for sale so there's no bias on that either.

Your response to "it doesn't sound that great" even tho you now seem to agree in it

And wernt you just saying once your initial boner wears off for this you'll probably be as pissed?

For the record, none of us are pissed. If we were we would've gone to our local hot topic and returned it for a full refund and never spoken of this again. Just like any other product, record or not, it's flaws will be discussed. It's not like we're pulling it out of our asses just to shit on fall out boy fans, in fact most of us bought it the day they went up for sale so there's no bias on that either.

I always agreed with it not sounding that great. My stance was that I just never understood why people were bashing it so hard. That's not to say I thought they were wrong for feeling that way, I just didn't understand why some felt it was necessary to pound it in so hard. But your post saying people were liars if they thought it sounded good just ticked me off. And to say they don't have enough to compare it to? No offense man, but that could come off as pretentious because honestly no one can be the judge of what other people hear, see, feel or whatever. Like I said, you might like mcdonalds and someone else may not. The second that person comes in talking like they're above you or anyone else just because they are not ok with Mcdonalds is the second that they just become kind've a jerk in my eyes. I don't know you so I can't say anything about who you may be as a person, but I just really disagree with your mentality towards this subject. And I just feel as though it is unnecessary to get worked up to the point of talking how you talked in your other post.

lol who the fuck are you? I'd say the same thing even if you wernt having your man period over this. But I'll read up your posts to catch up

The distortion, it's very noticeable. Deal with it bc its a fact. with your copy, melt it into a pocket pussy for all I care since your so in fucking love with it. I also bought a copy and I'm entitled to state FACTS. Yours are opinion, in your "opinion" it's not that bad, cool. But it is a fact you can hear the sound quality drop. Will it stay on my shelf? Yes, just like all other records I like with not great to shitty sounding quality.

Actually nm you're probably a lying piece of shit just trying to earn Travis brownie points or trolling for attention.

I stick to my original statement as well, it really doesn't sound great in the spots talked about before.

Like seriously man if you feel like talking like that is the only way to get your point across then fine. But to me it's just a joke. And seriously I am not saying anything bad about you as a person, just the way you went about saying some things.

On a completely different subject which I know does not belong here...

You guys should listen to the AbsolutePunk podcasts with Max Bemis if you haven't heard them already. They're really good actually. 

Sorry I'm listening to the latest one and I just think they're really good and figured if you haven't heard em yet you all will like em. 

Ok back to this ongoing discussion that has ran its course.

I post "It really doesn't sound great at all towards those spots already talked about. If you say it does you are lying"

You get mad bc I called "you" a liar specifically in your eyes even tho I've never quoted or talked to you before because you think it does sound great

(which could've actually been a perfect opportunity to come in, turn it around and call savedlatin an asshole but spared the joke since he's been talking to enough idiots lately)

Then agree it really doesn't sound great during the distortion

And now you're rattling off about what? Sorry my man period or pocket pussy jokes offended you on the fobz thread but if that's why you're still mad you're going to just have to get over it, like this distortion at the end of the record.

I'd ask how much the poster was but that suicide machines two pack cleared me out beyond even entertaining serious purchases

I post "It really doesn't sound great at all towards those spots already talked about. If you say it does you are lying"

You get mad bc I called "you" a liar specifically in your eyes even tho I've never quoted or talked to you before because you think it does sound great

(which could've actually been a perfect opportunity to come in, turn it around and call savedlatin an asshole but spared the joke since he's been talking to enough idiots lately)

Then agree it really doesn't sound great during the distortion

And now you're rattling off about what? Sorry my man period or pocket pussy jokes offended you on the fobz thread but if that's why you're still mad you're going to just have to get over it, like this distortion at the end of the record.

I'd ask how much the poster was but that suicide machines two pack cleared me out beyond even entertaining serious purchases

Well I assumed it was directed towards me since I had been the only person who was saying it wasn't that bad. And whether it was directed at me or anyone else I would've still come in and said it was stupid for you to talk like what you say matters. Don't worry I'll make sure to spread the word that "ChefChino" knows what he is talking about and anyone who feels differently is a fool. 

I'll also be sure to never say anything to you again because god knows you act like records or what people say about them personally affect your life. I really hope thats not the case.

Done responding.

Isn't this the usual going rate for prints tho? I was bummed they didn't have any at the show but for what my gf paid for a tank top.... I'd see that poster as, if not more expensive.

I think it's the whole Phoenix artwork,that will be the suckering if we buy it. I didn't like the last print at all and haven't seen one online worth framing or spending