Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree 2xLP Hot Topic exclusive

travis

yes it is.

Nope.

its bad enough to the point where theres no reason to be spinning it on vinyl. just throw it on your ipod haha 

Ok so parts of me could agree with you and say it doesn't have the superior sound that most vinyl has, but at the same time I disagree with those making this seem like it is horrible sounding. Pretty much this quote sums it up. It doesn't sound bad, but it sounds equivalent to what you would hear on your iPod. Does your iPod sound horrible? No. Does it sound better then what a top notch vinyl sounds like? No. But does that mean that the vinyl sounds horrible just because it is on par with what comes out of your iPod? No, no, and no. Before anyone starts bashin on me, I get that vinyl is supposed to sound better then your iPod and I completely agree. I just think it's unfair to make it out to seem like this sounds like a piece of sh*t. And I'm glad I didn't let when everyone was saying scare me out of picking this up. It could've sounded a bit better but by no means is it that bad. The packaging is good, the price was fair, and it's an album I really do love. All in all, I'm happy with it.

Thanks Travis for making it happen!

These records are not on par with what comes out of my iPod. I shelved my copy after I listened once, just pulled it out again and holy hell they all sound so horrible. The inside tracks are simply unlistenable.

Good for you.

OG Press>HT Press

Good for you.

someone please pick me one of these up in store if you are in!!!

$45 to ship to the UK...that is just fucking bullshit right there.

PM if you could do me this kindness!!!

Peas

I'm sorry that while you are desperate for a copy there are so many people on here who are taking theirs for granted and complaining about minor sound issues.

PS - no disrespect to those I quoted. It just seems like you guys really want people to find this record as horrible as you found it. Honestly, I just reread it and see how it may come off as rude. Not my intention. I just feel as though sometimes people really want to hammer something that isn't as horrible as it really is. I haven't said it doesn't have its issues, to me it just doesn't sound completely horrible.

This sounds bad enough that something should have been done before throwing out another 2000 copies... But I guess not every FOB fan will actually listen to this...

im gonna go spin my copy of Finch - What IS it to burn and stare at the cover some more

....maybe some checks along the way should be done before these reach stores? Just my opinion. Last two releases are not worth the prices being charged... Maybe that's why finch is still available...

This sounds bad enough that something should have been done before throwing out another 2000 copies... But I guess not every FOB fan will actually listen to this...

im gonna go spin my copy of Finch - What IS it to burn and stare at the cover some more

....maybe some checks along the way should be done before these reach stores? Just my opinion. Last two releases are not worth the prices being charged... Maybe that's why finch is still available...

I do agree that they could've corrected the issues of the first press. And as far as the prices, two years ago it would've been steep but I'm just happy to see a repress I want actually retail under $25 nowadays. Record prices are getting ridiculous! (I'm lookin at you SRC)

I do agree that they could've corrected the issues of the first press. And as far as the prices, two years ago it would've been steep but I'm just happy to see a repress I want actually retail under $25 nowadays. Record prices are getting ridiculous! (I'm lookin at you SRC)

In SRC's defense, all of their releases that I have touched this year have been VERY well done.  They're definitely at the higher end of the market, in both cost and quality.  If they could bring that cost down a few bucks per album I bet we would be singing praises rather than grabbing torches.

Hot Topic will just release anything someone throws on a desk.  They've done so much wrong this year that customers should justifiably be angry.  That Hot Cash thing, while after a few months I can see why it needed to happen, was handled so poorly.  It's still being handled poorly as they should have fixed what was being exploited and still made it available to us.

Both companies just need to fix a few small issues and we'd all be happy consumers.

In SRC's defense, all of their releases that I have touched this year have been VERY well done. They're definitely at the higher end of the market, in both cost and quality. If they could bring that cost down a few bucks per album I bet we would be singing praises rather than grabbing torches.

Hot Topic will just release anything someone throws on a desk. They've done so much wrong this year that customers should justifiably be angry. That Hot Cash thing, while after a few months I can see why it needed to happen, was handled so poorly. It's still being handled poorly as they should have fixed what was being exploited and still made it available to us.

Both companies just need to fix a few small issues and we'd all be happy consumers.

I'm happy with the HT stuff. Shit happens and not everyone's going to be happy with it. The Hot Cash adjustment sucks but it was only a matter of time. If they were not reissuing these albums people would still be paying way too much for 1st pressings. I appreciate HT, and no I do not and have not worked for them or Torrid.

I have the maroon variant. It's a so so release. It looks pretty good as far as color choice, gatefold, etc... I think it sound okay in some spots - bad in others - overall not anywhere near as good as it should sound IMO.

I think people always have the right to complain about sound quality and packaging quality. I'd hope at least 50% of the people that buy this actually want to listen to it and have a high quality audio sound. I know there are people buying this for various reasons, but those just buying it for a cheap Fall Out Boy record need to understand sound quality matters to a lot of people. Some people actually want to listen to it and not buy a 22.99 + shipping 12" poster for their wall or something just to stuff on a bookshelf for some scene points.

I 100% agree.

In SRC's defense, all of their releases that I have touched this year have been VERY well done.  They're definitely at the higher end of the market, in both cost and quality.  If they could bring that cost down a few bucks per album I bet we would be singing praises rather than grabbing torches.

Hot Topic will just release anything someone throws on a desk.  They've done so much wrong this year that customers should justifiably be angry.  That Hot Cash thing, while after a few months I can see why it needed to happen, was handled so poorly.  It's still being handled poorly as they should have fixed what was being exploited and still made it available to us.

Completely agree. And while I have never had any regret upon receiving a SRC order, I'm not gonna lie and say it doesn't hurt to spend roughly $30+ after shipping. But yes, they have a solid track record for putting out quality presses. 

And yeah Hot Cash is another story. Like you, I can see why they had to make changes. But those changes still sucked considering the whole reason I ever receive Hot Cash is by buying vinyl and yet I cannot turn around and use it towards that same product??

I have the maroon variant. It's a so so release. It looks pretty good as far as color choice, gatefold, etc... I think it sound okay in some spots - bad in others - overall not anywhere near as good as it should sound IMO.

I think people always have the right to complain about sound quality and packaging quality. I'd hope at least 50% of the people that buy this actually want to listen to it and have a high quality audio sound. I know there are people buying this for various reasons, but those just buying it for a cheap Fall Out Boy record need to understand sound quality matters to a lot of people. Some people actually want to listen to it and not buy a 22.99 + shipping 12" poster for their wall or something just to stuff on a bookshelf for some scene points.

I 100% agree.

I do want to be able to listen to high quality sound, I just also know that had it not been for this release I would not have this on vinyl at all. This buy was not for 'scene points' I may not have been buying vinyl for the past ten years, but I have 300+ from three years of buying. So I know all about the frustration of getting a so so release. I agree with you that high quality sound is paramount, but I just cannot honestly listen to my copy and feel angry. To be honest with you I might share your frustrations when my excitement of finally having this album on vinyl fades away. But for now I've got no negative feelings towards an album I have always wanted in this format. I'd rather enjoy finally having it in my hands (because I missed out on even the maroon press like a dumb @$$ lol) then making myself hate it. BUT again, your frustration is justified. I just have a different mentality towards it, which leads me to the next post I want to quote.

I hear ya and agree. It just seems that the HT bashing has become a bit excessive. Hopefully this will get a 10th anniversary 180g reissue in two years. But until then it's a fun spin.

Sorry everyone for the long post haha. All things aside, I'm actually happy to have other people to 'argue' with about this stuff. I've been a lone collector within my crowd for the past three years so I usually keep my collecting business to myself. I have always turned to the boards for info on releases and I didn't decide to actually post until recently, so this whole thing has been fun. (non sarcastic)

Maybe I got the one copy that had no problems?

spun mine again to see if i was just being an asshole

you arnt, I just checked

I'm a fob fan boy AND I continue and probably always support Hot Travis re releases including the label fuck ups. It really doesn't sound great at all towards those spots already talked about. If you say it does you are lying or dont have enough records to compare or notice. Adding those bonus songs at the end was the worst "good idea" ever.

I'm curious to see if anyone can compare sound between this press and the original fbr one.

you arnt, I just checked

I'm a fob fan boy AND I continue and probably always support Hot Travis re releases including the label fuck ups. It really doesn't sound great at all towards those spots already talked about. If you say it does you are lying or dont have enough records to compare or notice. Adding those bonus songs at the end was the worst "good idea" ever.

I'm curious to see if anyone can compare sound between this press and the original fbr one.

there was SO much distortion i thought something was wrong with my speakers.

you arnt, I just checked

Yup, thats what it is, I'm a liar. I was hoping you wouldn't discover my lies. I guess my 300+ records is still not enough to notice. Maybe when I get to a thousand I'll be able to start picking up on it? I really hope that one day I can have the exquisite listening ears that you do so that I can know more about what someone else hears then they do themselves. That'll be the day...

Yup, thats what it is, I'm a liar. I was hoping you wouldn't discover my lies. I guess my 300+ records is still not enough to notice. Maybe when I get to a thousand I'll be able to start picking up on it? I really hope that one day I can have the exquisite listening ears that you do so that I can know more about what someone else hears then they do themselves. That'll be the day...

lol who the fuck are you? I'd say the same thing even if you wernt having your man period over this. But I'll read up your posts to catch up

The distortion, it's very noticeable. Deal with it bc its a fact. with your copy, melt it into a pocket pussy for all I care since your so in fucking love with it. I also bought a copy and I'm entitled to state FACTS. Yours are opinion, in your "opinion" it's not that bad, cool. But it is a fact you can hear the sound quality drop. Will it stay on my shelf? Yes, just like all other records I like with not great to shitty sounding quality.

Actually nm you're probably a lying piece of shit just trying to earn Travis brownie points or trolling for attention.

I stick to my original statement as well, it really doesn't sound great in the spots talked about before.