Riot Fest 2013

bgdesign

Thought this might be a decent thread to ask this in, since the band played Riot Fest.

Long story short, I have a credit from SRC because they fucked something up. I saw Quicksand at Riot Fest and really wanted to pick up one of their records and I figured I would use my credit on that. So, which album is better? Manic Compression or Slip? 

I kind of just want to take a shot with it, so please don't tell me to go listen to them and then decide.

Wow I had a blast. I have bruises all over still and my hand might be broken. Rancid was the most fun I've had at a show in a long time. My biggest complaint was no being able to get anywhere near the stage that brand new and against me played on. The other main stage I could just go far left and wind up close. Glass jaw, touche amore, wonder years, saves the day, Lawrence arms.... So awesome.

aside from the fact the apartment my wife and i stayed at was a fucking dump, we had a total blast. i think my favorite set was Violent Femmes, plus it was my first time ever getting to see them. Brand New were incredible as always, but god damn i hate the majority of their fans. the only fans that were worse were FOB's and maybe Blink's. which speaking of Blink, they were TERRIBLE. Tom being drunk didn't help...

i have mixed feelings about Glassjaw's set, they played a lot of great songs but were pretty low on energy in my opinion. Daryl didn't look like he was having fun until the very last song. it was my first time getting to see them too, so maybe my expectations were too high. and was really bummed they had to merch whatsoever. 

Andrew WK, Bad Religion, Public Enemy, and AFI were all rad, GWAR was super entertaining (the crucifixion and fighting the giant zombie jesus made my whole day). Wasn't too impressed by Rancid. Rocket From The Crypt was surprisingly entertaining while we were waiting for Brand New to start. my wife said TBS and Yellowcard were great. Sublime w/Rome was also a nice surprise, they were a lot of fun. Didn't get to see Pennywise, Hatebreed, Danzig, Quicksand or Touche Amore so i was pretty bummed. but we were coming off of 5 days in NYC before hitting Chicago so we were exhausted as it was. but overall, tons of fun. 

might have to do this again next year.