PO :: Touché Amore/Pianos Become the Teeth Split 7" (OUT JAN 22nd)

tokimedo

So has anyone else who ordered from Topshelf not gotten their record(s) or a shipping notification yet? I'm starting to get concerned something got screwed up with my order after seeing so many other people have gotten theirs and seeing that Seth said he was doing the notifications 5 days ago. I got a paypal receipt but not one from TS...can't remember if they send separate receipts like some other labels. I'm in Michigan for what it's worth as far as shipping speed and expected arrival.

I wouldn't worry about it at all. Wasn't the original street date the 22nd anyway? I haven't got mine yet either, but I've seen a couple other people mention that they got the shirt bundle, too, and haven't got theirs either. Topshelf is a solid label and always come through for me so I'm not worried in the slightest.

So I'm a little confused on the Deathwish and Topshelf orders. I order the split, gold, and blue variants from Topshelf and got them last week but it kind of sounds like Deathwish has other variants. Is this right or are they the same?

Each label had an exclusive variant. Deathwish's was electric blue. I think Topshelf's was aqua blue, but I could be wrong.

So I'm a little confused on the Deathwish and Topshelf orders. I order the split, gold, and blue variants from Topshelf and got them last week but it kind of sounds like Deathwish has other variants. Is this right or are they the same?

Both labels have/had Aqua blue and the split one, gold/electric blue. The exclusive DW vinyl is electric blue and the exclusive TS is Gold. Ain't it just clever how the split one is a combination of the two exclusives?

My first purchase from Topshelf, maybe 3 years ago, was Rooftops "A Forest of Polarity". I remember getting a thank you note and some freebies and thinking how nice they were. Then I remember getting a partial shipping refund for the order and I was blown away.

I remember the Into It Over It "Twelve Towns" pressing plant switch with black changed to 2nd rarest, cream to rarest and how nicely Topshelf ironed that out.

Fast forward to today. Just got $7 of $14 paid shipping refunded. I am STILL amazed that these guys freely give excess shipping fees back... without pulling teeth or even needing to mention it! I don't know of ANY other labels that do that!

Bottom line? Topshelf is top shelf! Thanks for being bitchin'! Long live.

THIS! I nearly always get a shipping refund from Topshelf, amazing service, how a label should be run!

Still waiting on my copies to arrive, but I am in the UK.

Topshelf is probably one of my favorite labels to buy from overall. Their service is beyond awesome, the bands are rad as fudge, and Kevin has really cool Jimmy Neutron-esque hair \m/

I have nothing but awesome things to say about this label :D

yeah i've been listening to the topshelf sampler they sent with this and pretty much all of the bands are enjoyable

Topshelf order came today and got the shipping notice from Deathwish. Two great companies coming together to fight the forces of crap.

I'm not a Pianos Become the Teeth fan, but I have to say that I am really impressed with this song. The singer has always been challenging, though on this record he sounds great. The TA song sounds great, of course.