Weezer - Pinkerton / Green Album / Make Believe (MoFi)

nyhi

Did they ever release a vinyl version of blue deluxe? All i really want is that and pinkerton deluxe. Plus I already have red.

I don't have a problem with Maladroit, Make Believe, or Green. Just really low on the priority list. Fuck Raditude and Hurley though.

Hey, here's a fun question. Which 90's band fucked up the worst? Blink-182, Green Day, or Weezer. I like all three bands, but they all fucked up pretty hard in recent years. 

Did they ever release a vinyl version of blue deluxe? All i really want is that and pinkerton deluxe. Plus I already have red.

I don't have a problem with Maladroit, Make Believe, or Green. Just really low on the priority list. Fuck Raditude and Hurley though.

Hey, here's a fun question. Which 90's band fucked up the worst? Blink-182, Green Day, or Weezer. I like all three bands, but they all fucked up pretty hard in recent years.

I'm going to say Green Day, mainly that whole trilogy thing. I loved the direction they took with American Idiot. They stepped out of their comfort zone and really showed their talent (all my opinion).

Sort of off topic, but... does anyone else remember when between Green Album and Maladroit Weezer were posting mp3s pretty regularly on their site of all the stuff they were working on (probably 100 or so tunes).
There were also numerous songs for a potential Album 5 that never got released (including Acapulco, Booby Trap, Modern Dukes, Mansion of Cardboard, Private Message and one of my fave Weezer songs ever, Queen of Earth... literally at least 30 songs and multiple versions of each.)
I ran out of hard drive space at one point a long time ago and had to purge a lot of it, unfortunately, but I still have a single version of a lot of the stuff, albeit at poor bitrat (128 kbps, but that's what it was posted at I think.)

Does anyone have any of this stuff archived?

Sort of off topic, but... does anyone else remember when between Green Album and Maladroit Weezer were posting mp3s pretty regularly on their site of all the stuff they were working on (probably 100 or so tunes).

There were also numerous songs for a potential Album 5 that never got released (including Acapulco, Booby Trap, Modern Dukes, Mansion of Cardboard, Private Message and one of my fave Weezer songs ever, Queen of Earth... literally at least 30 songs and multiple versions of each.)

I ran out of hard drive space at one point a long time ago and had to purge a lot of it, unfortunately, but I still have a single version of a lot of the stuff, albeit at poor bitrat (128 kbps, but that's what it was posted at I think.)

Does anyone have any of this stuff archived?

I remember this.  A lot of these demos were really awesome.  I was disappointed in Maladroit (and still am) because it was sort of a let down after all those great demos.  I only have a few of them at home (my computer HDD from that time died).  would be awesome to get them again.

I remember this.  A lot of these demos were really awesome.  I was disappointed in Maladroit (and still am) because it was sort of a let down after all those great demos.  I only have a few of them at home (my computer HDD from that time died).  would be awesome to get them again.

Hopefully someone on here can hook us up.

I have a decent number of them, but am certain I'm missing a few.

PM me if you want to start a discussion on what you're missing and what I can help out with.

PM me if you want to start a discussion on what you're missing and what I can help out with.

sounds good dude.  I'm getting ready to leave the country for a bit, but would love to start this back up in February when I get back.  I'll shoot you a PM then.

You guys need to come post at http://www.allthingsweezer.com with me and smailtronic—you can get everything you need (and then some) there.

I'm going to say Green Day, mainly that whole trilogy thing. I loved the direction they took with American Idiot. They stepped out of their comfort zone and really showed their talent (all my opinion).

I'm a big fan of American Idiot. It basically said "Hey, we've got a crazy idea" and I punked the fuck out to it. Especially St. Jimmy, that's just too much fun at the shows. But if Billy would just stop hey oh-ing and making awkward sex sounds on stage, I think we'd get a whole 15 minutes back into the set.

I liked 21st Century at first but grew to dislike it. Way too over the top with the fucking lyrics. I do have a soft spot for some tracks but not enough to listen to it.

Someone on VC said that they should have just taken the best tracks from all three records and just made one pretty good album instead of three shitty ones. I'm with that guy. 

I think they all dropped the ball equally but if I had to choose one, it's Blink. The last album was just unlistenable. It's a terrible Blink album, or as I like to call it, an AVA album gone Blink. It's like Tom is groping his nut sack between every line to get that annoying pitch (he's always had it, it's a signature thing that I like, but he goes overboard with it in AVA and Neighborhoods) The one decent track is "Heart's All Gone" but I don't bother with it. "Grocery store perfection"? I'd like to know where he shops... Whole foods maybe. Plus they recreated their image to be like any other shitty pop-punk band. New merch is just atrocious. I can go on in the spirit of debate but I want other opinions. This is always a fun argument in my book.

• 1 month later...

I don't have any Weezer on vinyl (except a couple 7-inches). I used to have the Red album but I sold it because I almost never listened to it. No way I'm spending $30 for Make Believe in any format. Still regretting the $10 I spent on the CD. I would rather have the original Green Album on colored vinyl if I can find it for a decent price. Blue album and Pinkerton are the only MoFi pressings I might get, and the only two Weezer albums I would consider an essential part of my vinyl collection.

I don't have any Weezer on vinyl (except a couple 7-inches). I used to have the Red album but I sold it because I almost never listened to it. No way I'm spending $30 for Make Believe in any format. Still regretting the $10 I spent on the CD. I would rather have the original Green Album on colored vinyl if I can find it for a decent price. Blue album and Pinkerton are the only MoFi pressings I might get, and the only two Weezer albums I would consider an essential part of my vinyl collection.

I'll sell you my Green copy once I get around to pre-ordering the MoFi one. It's autographed by Pamela Anderson for some reason. I swear you won't catch anything from it.

• 3 months later...