Quicksand Tour

Joe Hardcore just posted something about Quicksand playing Union Transfer in Philly early next year. I went onto Brooklyn Vegan and found this:

Quicksand's recent reunion shows in NYC and LA (at Bowery & MHoW, and FYFestrespectively), left the crowds itching for more. Now comes word that the post-hardcore heroes have added another pair of Northeastern dates in January, including Paradise Rock Club in Boston on January 7 and Webster Hall in NYC on January 30. Tickets for the latter go on sale on Friday (11/30) at noon. So far, no word of any additional dates... could that be the start and ending of a tour?

UPDATE: A Philadelphia show on Jan 28th at Union Transfer has emerged.

Grabbed my NY ticket/bundle. Presale for NYC and Boston already sold out.

This is why I love R5 and their 10 show passes. I dont have to deal with this preorder / sellout madness unless tickets are over $30. I am incredibly excited for this and relieved I didnt bite on Rev since Texas Is the Reason and Quicksand are coming to my backyard. The last two trips to NYC for American Nightmare and Refused were a pain in the ass.

1/7 Boston, MA Paradise Rock Club

1/8 Montreal, QC Corona Theatre

1/9 Toronto, ON Phoenix Concert Theatre

1/11 Detroit, MI St. Andrews Hall

1/12 Chicago, IL Metro

1/13 Minneapolis, MN First Avenue

1/17 Vancouver, BC Commodore Ballroom*

1/18 Seattle, WA Showbox at the Market*

1/19 Portland, OR Wonder Ballroom*

1/21 San Francisco, CA Regency Ballroom*

1/22 Los Angeles, CA The Fonda Theatre*

1/25 San Diego, CA House of Blues*

1/28 Philadelphia, PA Union Transfer

1/29 Washington, DC Black Cat

1/30 New York, NY Webster Hall

*with Title Fight

will show up late cause I give absolutely no shits about Title Fight.

Thank you. I am grateful that they were not announced for the east coast shows. They ruined the flow of the Lifetime reunion earlier this year and This Is Hardcore. I tried getting into them and have seen them a few times, but I just don't care for them.

damn i know i saw Quicksand in the late nineties at a Guavaween in Tampa but the interwebs can't back me up yet. I was in jr high or high school. there was a crazy pit in the middle of a field with many rock and pieces of cinder blocks to fall on and hurt yourself. Good times.

i desire to see them again.

Well, not necessarily a reunion. But one of the the few times they played this year. I don't think they broke up again. It just seems like every time they play it is advertised as a reunion.

only times I ever recall it being advertised as a reunion was at the cancelled hellfest shows in 2005. maybe that tour they ended up doing for the record they ended up putting out?

I can only hope that they add some more shows between SD and Phlly

• 2 weeks later...

Cymbals Eat Guitars were announced as support for Philly. I saw them open for Bob Mould earlier this year and I am grateful it is them instead of Title Fight. However, sure enough Title Fight were announced as support for Texas Is the Reason. Can't win 'em all... :/

• 3 weeks later...

A buddy and I are going to the Detroit show on Friday. I gather from quicksandnyc.com that Title Fight is not supporting on that show (I guess I'm one of very few who like both apparently, although I'm hopeful the headwalkers won't be in attendance as a result). The venue site says Single Mothers are also playing but nobody else is listed. I gotta guess there's at least one more opener. They can't do just one, right? If anybody else knows anything, let me know. My buddy's coming from the other side of the state and timing will be an issue. I'm just hoping we can get there for Quicksand but I'd like to skip openers if possible. I'm not too keen on Single Mothers.