Sometimes you just want to share good news...

Can finally share this news and have been dying to do so.

The documentary I've produced and been working on for the past 2.5 years will be premiering at Sundance 2013 (Running From Crazy). A big deal in my business to say the least.

http://www.indiewire.com/article/sundance-2013-richard-linklater-dave-grohl-park-chan-wook-sebastian-junger-stock-premieres-sections#

Sooooo...who from the Salt Lake City area wants to come?

Thanks man. By no means intending to brag - just so freaking excited. I've won major awards and been nominated but for some reason this is something I've always wanted so it's incredibly exciting. I got my parents tickets and am probably going to fly my Grandma out.

It's about the actress Mariel Hemingway (granddaughter of Ernest) and her two sisters, Margaux and Muffet. Margaux was the first American Supermodel and a really compelling figure. It's a take on the legacy of Hemingway but I'll save more of the details for when the full description and marketing begins.

We have a broadcast partner but no air date. It will do festivals for a while first. Lots of details I can share down the road a bit. I'll let folks know how it does.

I'll also share soon enough that we licensed a couple songs from a band many on this board dig. It's used as soundtrack but I'm stoked to have worked with a band I love.

It's about the actress Mariel Hemingway (granddaughter of Ernest) and her two sisters, Margaux and Muffet. Margaux was the first American Supermodel and a really compelling figure. It's a take on the legacy of Hemingway but I'll save more of the details for when the full description and marketing begins.

Congrats. Sounds interesting.

Congrats, Dave. I'm really excited for you that things worked out the way you wanted! I think Hemingway is an incredible and fascinating dude, and it's worried me for awhile how much of myself I see in Jake Barnes (and Hemingway in A Movable Feast) in consideration of how things ended up with Hemingway. I'll definitely try to get my hands on this as soon as possible. I wish you all the best.

I'd expect it on TV in the late spring/early summer. Needs to make the Festival Circuit a bit first but it will be out there and I look forward to sharing it so I'll post it up.

And yeah - trust me, when I got the call three weeks ago it was a much needed piece of good news. Came at a great time.