Recently Viewing

The graphic novel and film are both great but the movie is a pretty literal interpretation of the book. I'd suggest waiting a couple months and then reading it or it might feel like you are watching the same movie you watched yesterday but in slow motion.

Graphic novels have always been something that I knew that I kind of wanted to get into, but have just never took the step to pick one up and read it. I'll wait though and take this as the opportunity.

Besides this, what are some other good graphic novels that I could get into? I'd like stuff similar to V I guess.

Sharknado didn't live up. Just dumb, not "awesomely bad".

Some spoilers (if you never plan on seeing it):

shark climbs up a rope with its mouth.

You can stop a tornado with a bomb cause "it's warm and cold air, so the heat of the bomb evens things out".

The main dude flies through the air into the mouth of a great white with a chainsaw, is swallowed, and then cuts himself out of the things stomach.

Graphic novels have always been something that I knew that I kind of wanted to get into, but have just never took the step to pick one up and read it. I'll wait though and take this as the opportunity.

Besides this, what are some other good graphic novels that I could get into? I'd like stuff similar to V I guess.

Anything written by Alan Moore is really good. Not sure if you want normal DC and Marvel stuff or independent stories not connected to a superhero universe. Sin city might be another good one.

Regardless "the boys" is my favorite comic ever and I have the recommend it.

Other than that, probably better to read (or ask in) the comics thread. I'm not really the most qualified person to answer this.

Enjoyed pacific rim. Was hoping for more story with del toro. Great visuals though. Good to finally see 'jax' in a major role. I broke out my godzilla and war of the monsters ps2 games when I got home!

Watch Green Street Hooligans. Hunnam co-stars wih Elijah Wood, fantastic film.

Watch Green Street Hooligans. Hunnam co-stars wih Elijah Wood, fantastic film.

Incredible film, so incredibly gripping. Characters are developed so well so quickly, really reminded me of A Guide to Reckognizing Your Saints.

Seconded. I hate soccer but loved that movie.

I also hate soccer and fell in love with this movie instantly

Just finished Not Suitable For Children which fell, somewhat, into the basic twenty-something love story-fun-uh oh something goes wrong-all works out format. Though it does have a check in the box to nearly every trope in the book, I still highly recommend catching this on Netflix. Great performances by Ryan Kwanten (True Blood, using his native accent) and Sarah Snook (a definite Australian Emma Stone). All yoooed off to a fantastic soundtrack. B+

Watched the new Evil Dead a couple nights ago, I personally enjoyed it for what it was. Probably gonna watch A Place Beyond the Pines sometime today, pretty excited about it

I also enjoyed the new Evil Dead, I watched it again with my brother and his fiancee the other night and they claimed it was crap. I find this invalid since they were both on their phones the whole movie.

I finally watched Fast & Furious 6, even though it was over the top and ridiculous, it somehow worked and I enjoyed it.