Recently Viewing

I kind of forgot about Escape from Tomorrow, glad this thread was here to remind me of it.  Just watched it and it was an interesting film.  It's a little rough, but considering how it was made, I think that can be overlooked. It's dark and surreal. The juxtaposition of it reminded me of Blue Velvet a bit. As a whole, I dug it. 

The Wikipedia article is worth reading afterward.

It would be awesome if Disney bought the rights to the film

Guest Justin Maheiny

I get that they want to be more original than "A is for axe" and "B is for bodies" etc... but some of them were really too abstract (maybe that's not the right word but not sure what else to use) for my taste. I was hoping for a little more Tales From the Crypt type stories wrapped up into a couple minutes than art school projects.

Ya. Some of them were pretty dumb. But I thought some of the others made up for it. F definitely made me laugh.

I just watched Nekromantik. I don't know why I thought there was some good to come from that film...I make some poor decisions.

I've always wanted to see this.  Mainly because I've read about/heard how fucked up it was.  How did you watch it?  Online I assume?  Because I'm pretty sure the DVD is really expensive.

finished watching parker with jason statham.  good if you like a mindless action movie.

on my last episode of Derek with Ricky Gervais.  I usually love what he does but this show just isint making me laugh and its supposed to be funny.  They throw a bit of depressing material in as well which is odd...

Guest Justin Maheiny

The Nekromantik films are pretty tame when compared to today's films. Nekromantik 2 is better than 1 I think for gnarly factor. I think the first one was in black and white but the second one wasn't but I haven't seen them in forever.

This may have been mentioned before but I haven't read the whole thread...but from what I hear A Serbian Film is supposed to be pretty brutal and hard to get through. I own Irreversible and Salo and have seen Imprint, Grosteque, Cannibal Holocaust, the Guinea Pig films....etc. I just don't have the stomach for that stuff any more. Not sure what changed.

Now I prefer my films to be fucked up but actually good not just fucked up for being fucked up's sake. Bad Boy Bubby and Ex Drummer are two of my recent favorites. Not that either are super new, just two that I've seen recently and really liked.

Ex Drummer is a movie about some dudes starting a band. I figured it was appropriate for this site :)

http://youtu.be/jP8SXwBqiAU

This may have been mentioned before but I haven't read the whole thread...but from what I hear A Serbian Film is supposed to be pretty brutal and hard to get through. I own Irreversible and Salo and have seen Imprint, Grosteque, Cannibal Holocaust, the Guinea Pig films....etc. I just don't have the stomach for that stuff any more. Not sure what changed.

I own and have seen A Serbian Film 3 times.  It definitely is pretty fucked up and is not for everyone, but I'm pretty sure I don't need to tell anyone that, haha.  Irreversible was a great film.  As fucked up as it was, I really enjoyed the story.  Same with Cannibal Holocaust.

Anyways... my friend and I just got finished knocking out the whole season of Attack On Titan in less than a week.  One of the best anime's I've seen in a long time.  They better be planning on making another season!

I've always wanted to see this.  Mainly because I've read about/heard how fucked up it was.  How did you watch it?  Online I assume?  Because I'm pretty sure the DVD is really expensive.

I just grabbed it from TPB, it had .srt subtitles but they were delayed heaps, I tried fixing them but to no avail, so I ended up reading them in a word doc as I was going along...ha ha. 

The Nekromantik films are pretty tame when compared to today's films. Nekromantik 2 is better than 1 I think for gnarly factor. I think the first one was in black and white but the second one wasn't but I haven't seen them in forever.

Now I prefer my films to be fucked up but actually good not just fucked up for being fucked up's sake. Bad Boy Bubby and Ex Drummer are two of my recent favorites. Not that either are super new, just two that I've seen recently and really liked.

Ex Drummer is a movie about some dudes starting a band. I figured it was appropriate for this site :)

The first one is in colour. A Serbian Film is definitely messed up, I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone but if you want to watch something that will shock you, then go for it. You should check out the film Compliance if you haven't seen it, or one of my personal favourites The Woman.

trick 'r treat

i love this movie--pretty much an october tradition.

Yessss.  The girlfriend and I watched that on our first Halloween together.  The year after that we watched House Of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects.  Last year we watched Rob Zombie's Halloween 1 & 2.  Not sure what we'll do this year though...

Watched the Sleepy Hollow pilot. Seems very cool. Recommended for the sci-fi/horror guys (but I use horror in the sense of a TV show on a major network...if that makes sense).

I've been meaning to start that up.  It looks entertaining, but I'm also so committed to so many damn shows right now.  Maybe I'll get caught up over the holidays when TV slows down for a few months.