Recently Viewing

I can't wait for Ant Man.

First Scott Pilgrim and now World's End - he's more than proved he can handle action / fighting.

The end of Hot Fuzz too.  I listened to some podcasts with Simon Pegg while they were promoting the movie and his accent is so thick, he dials it back quite a bit for movies.  It was thick enough where I didn't catch everything he was saying, surprised me.

I only watched Clerks a few months ago - which is funny because I've seen just about every other Kevin Smith movie 30 times before that.

I spent a good chuck of my teens and early twenties watching Clerks (and his other films) repeatedly.  I don't know if it still resonates with me like it did then, but it was one of my favorite films for quite a while.  I'd recommend trying to track down the Clerks cartoon.  It's different, but it was pretty amusing.  Chasing Dogma is worth reading (if you like comics).  I can't remember if the Clerks comics were good or not, but I want to say there were.

Watched Man of Steel last night. Wasn't sure what to expect. I don't really care for "Superman" as a character or his world much, but I really like Z. Snyder, so was hoping he'd be able to pull it off.

I was dissapointed. Lots of action and "realistic" super hero fighting, but in the end it's still a really cheesy premise and idea. Way too much time spent on Krypton and with Russell Crowe in general. Lots of backstory that's not as necessary for a character like this one.

I was also not into Amy Adams as Lois Lane at all. She just looked really frumpy and dowdy next to this young guy who's ripped as fuck. They needed an actress than could stand next to him and actually look like a love story there would make sense. She just looked like his mom.

Question for those who say the flick:

Zod and his minions make their broadcast and show up to collect Superman, who has agreed to go quietly. Zod's main lady friend demands Lois also come with.... but why? I was very confused with that piece. Essentially all they did was throw her in a holding cell which she later escaped from with the help of Obi Wan... I mean Russell Crowe. Her being there made no sense.

I'm not really sure how I feel about the destruction sequences either. I mean... we're looking at millions of people killed during Zod's teraforming attack... and then thousands and thousands more during Superman's fight with Zod. No one seems to care much though. It doesn't appear to be a big deal. Given the manner in which Superman beats Zod.... why didn't he just do that to begin with?

Watched Prisoners last night and I liked it quite a bit.  It isn't something that normally wouldn't have showed up on my radar, hearing people in here talking about it piqued my interest.  I normally have trouble sitting through a movie that's over two hours, but it kept me engaged for the duration.

Just finished "You're Next", and I don't think that I could endorse any horror flick within the last five years that way that I would endorse this movie.  Some have called it generic or predictable, but what film within the genre hasn't been either of the two?  The only times in which it would be considered predictable would be by those whom have watched far too many horror movies and would be able to call what's gonna happen, no matter the movie.  Seriously, this film has redeemed most of the bullshit horror I've seen in the past couple of years. 

I saw Catching Fire as well. I thought it was done much better than the first movie; the change of directors really helped push it to the next level.

However, I still am adamant that Peter Jackson should have directed these movies because he did such a great job adapting LOTR and now The Hobbit- imagine what he could do with The Hunger Games.

Nonetheless, the actors chosen for the other tributes were spot on perfect and the violence and other effects were just right.

Yeah the crowd was funny, its so awkward when a movie theater claps together

Just finished "You're Next", and I don't think that I could endorse any horror flick within the last five years that way that I would endorse this movie.  Some have called it generic or predictable, but what film within the genre hasn't been either of the two?  The only times in which it would be considered predictable would be by those whom have watched far too many horror movies and would be able to call what's gonna happen, no matter the movie.  Seriously, this film has redeemed most of the bullshit horror I've seen in the past couple of years. 

I've stopped watching horror movies because they've become so incredibly awful, so I might have to check this out.

Also, people who always try to guess what's going to happen next are not fun to watch movies with. I'm a big fan of buying into the fiction contract and letting the story unfold in front of me.

Just finished "You're Next", and I don't think that I could endorse any horror flick within the last five years that way that I would endorse this movie. Some have called it generic or predictable, but what film within the genre hasn't been either of the two? The only times in which it would be considered predictable would be by those whom have watched far too many horror movies and would be able to call what's gonna happen, no matter the movie. Seriously, this film has redeemed most of the bullshit horror I've seen in the past couple of years.

Yesssss. All of this!

I watched the [REC] trilogy over the last few days.  I'd seen the first one three or four years ago, but I didn't remember it very well (due to friends and beer being distractions).

I liked 1 and 2 quite a bit.  2 picking up directly after 1 worked really well and made it feel like one long film, as opposed to two.

3 was a complete departure from the series and the choices made were very odd.  Instead of being a handheld cam film, it was filmed traditionally.  It also fell more into the horror comedy category.  I liked it as well, but not as part of the series.

I'm looking forward to the 4th one, but I'm really curious about what it'll be like.  I'm hoping that it's more in the vain of 1+2.

Watching "a band called death". Movie is OK. They really didn't do enough in my opinion to warrant a full documentary, though.

Pretty cool that they shot interviews in my local record shop (Car City Records, now closed). The dude that put the record on sale for $800 on ebay sold me a ton of stuff.

Friday Night Lights.  Never have I ever watched a show so addicting.  This is the best television show I have ever watched.  

I love FNL!  I think it's one of the best shows in the last decade, up there with Breaking Bad and The Wire.  Season 2 has one kind of spotty story arc, but it's solid past that.

I started watching the Larry Sanders Show(I needed something light to watch at night that I could fall asleep to) and its pretty good. It's a lot better than I thought it would be its really quick-witted. Also Just finished the 5th season of the Sopranos which was fucking crazy.